Sprint customers, is unlimited data really

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Four oF NINE, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

Is the Sprint unlimited data a real thing? It's hard to cut through the nonsense on their websites. I'm considering a switch, any thoughts? Has anyone with at&t unlimited data done that?

Thanks!

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

3. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

Yes and Yes. It is unlimited 4G LTE data without a cap.

4. Four oF NINE thread starter macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

5. Four oF NINE thread starter macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

Are you with them as a provider?

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I was, but I am on prepaid now b.c I do not use a lot of data. $60 and it was unlimited 4G LTE. Just make sure where you live has good service. If they work for you, it is by far the best deal in the cell phone industry.

7. Four oF NINE thread starter macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

I don't use a huge amount of data either, but I'd like to think it's available if I need it. Their coverage map for my area looks very good indeed.. would you buy a phone through them?

Also, what is "Spark Network" ?

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yes.

Sprint also does not throttle.

For awhile they were doing 'prioritization', meaning that if a tower became congested and you were considered to be within the top 5 percent of heavy data users in a month your connection would be 'optimized'. Once you left the congested tower your connection would return to normal.

But Sprint stopped doing that once the FCC asked Verizon to explain why and how they were throttling their UD users.

But you're probably thinking there is got to be some sport of limit right? And sure, there is, but you've got to be the kind of person who's running a datacenter off your cellular connection before Sprint takes any steps.

We (my wife and I) clock about 15-30GB a month, depending. I know of people who routinely pull down about 100GB a month.

We are talking LTE. Unless Sprint has done a damned good job of getting 3G updated in your area you will be very hard pressed to get much data on 3G.

That said, if you roam, Sprint will cut you off at the limit. I believe the limit is something like 100mb of roaming data. They will send you text messages before cutting you off though.

If you are in a good area for coverage/speed, don't even think about what you're using. Sprint doesn't. I sure as hell never do.

9. flur macrumors 68000

Yes, it's the real deal, BUT make sure you check that were you are has good LTE signal, not just good signal.

FWIW, my husband has Sprint and I have Verizon, both with 5s phones, and his LTE is not as fast as mine.

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Spark is Sprint nomenclature for the combination of 1900mhz, 800mhz and 2.5Ghz. LTE Bands 25, 26 and 41.

If you have a Spark capable phone you can use all three bands for LTE.