Sprint files lawsuit in iPhone trafficking scandal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AdonisSMU, Oct 17, 2014.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

Here is the article

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yeah, that's what's causing Sprint to lose customers. :rolleyes:

3. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I do not see why they're bothering. Sprint phones are plentiful everywhere.

4. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

That is what I thought. Maybe I have it wrong.

5. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Look at the istocknow map ANY day and see about triple the availability for Sprint phones. Even WITH scalpers.

If their customers cannot find phones, I do not know where they are looking. I could find a dozen today near my house. Maybe more. 6 plus, even.

6. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

This isn't about Sprint customers not being able to find or get phones.

This is about Sprint losing money and customers because of a loss of phones or fraudulent activity.

Sprint is right in pursuing legal action, but this is not the main reason why Sprint is losing customers.

But Sprint has the bad habit of focusing on everything else except the main problem. Dealing with the main problem is something they never seem to want to address.

7. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

Their network sucks. Thats why people wont use it.

----------

Oh i know but this opens up the doorway for other carriers to put pressure on Apple or follow suit in some form or fashion.

8. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

While this guy probably deserves what he gets, I wonder what is Sprints standing here. The stolen phones were the property of the owner, assuming they weren't stolen off a Sprint warehouse. And the owner of the stolen phone is on the hook to pay Sprint anyways - phone or no phone.

9. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Um.... with all Sprint iPhones being locked... I have no idea what people overseas are using them for...

10. terraphantm macrumors 68040

they're internationally unlocked if you pay full price. And for international users they're better phones since they support the TD-LTE bands

11. wxman2003 Suspended

Out of the thousands of phones that were stolen and then shipped overseas, one of them was a Sprint iPhone. I can understand why Sprint would be upset. That was half their customer base right there.

12. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

Are you sure about that? I thought Sprint iPhones had to be internationally unlocked by Sprint... even if you bought it for full retail.

13. terraphantm macrumors 68040

At least the ones sold in apple stores appear to be internationally unlocked at full price.

14. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

If bought at full price from the Apple Store I do know the Sprint iPhone 6 is unlocked.

That said Sprint iPhone's can also be internationally unlocked as well by some unlocking services. It's just very high and sometimes have backlog.