Sprint files lawsuit in iPhone trafficking scandal

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I do not see why they're bothering. Sprint phones are plentiful everywhere.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
That is what I thought. Maybe I have it wrong.
Look at the istocknow map ANY day and see about triple the availability for Sprint phones. Even WITH scalpers.

If their customers cannot find phones, I do not know where they are looking. I could find a dozen today near my house. Maybe more. 6 plus, even.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
This isn't about Sprint customers not being able to find or get phones.

This is about Sprint losing money and customers because of a loss of phones or fraudulent activity.

Sprint is right in pursuing legal action, but this is not the main reason why Sprint is losing customers.

But Sprint has the bad habit of focusing on everything else except the main problem. Dealing with the main problem is something they never seem to want to address.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
This isn't about Sprint customers not being able to find or get phones.

This is about Sprint losing money and customers because of a loss of phones or fraudulent activity.

Sprint is right in pursuing legal action, but this is not the main reason why Sprint is losing customers.

But Sprint has the bad habit of focusing on everything else except the main problem. Dealing with the main problem is something they never seem to want to address.
Their network sucks. Thats why people wont use it.

----------

Yeah, that's what's causing Sprint to lose customers. :rolleyes:
Oh i know but this opens up the doorway for other carriers to put pressure on Apple or follow suit in some form or fashion.

mtneer

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2012
While this guy probably deserves what he gets, I wonder what is Sprints standing here. The stolen phones were the property of the owner, assuming they weren't stolen off a Sprint warehouse. And the owner of the stolen phone is on the hook to pay Sprint anyways - phone or no phone.

1080p

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Um.... with all Sprint iPhones being locked... I have no idea what people overseas are using them for...

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
Out of the thousands of phones that were stolen and then shipped overseas, one of them was a Sprint iPhone. I can understand why Sprint would be upset. That was half their customer base right there.

1080p

macrumors 68030
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
they're internationally unlocked if you pay full price. And for international users they're better phones since they support the TD-LTE bands
Are you sure about that? I thought Sprint iPhones had to be internationally unlocked by Sprint... even if you bought it for full retail.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
Are you sure about that? I thought Sprint iPhones had to be internationally unlocked by Sprint... even if you bought it for full retail.
If bought at full price from the Apple Store I do know the Sprint iPhone 6 is unlocked.

That said Sprint iPhone's can also be internationally unlocked as well by some unlocking services. It's just very high and sometimes have backlog.