Sprint - improvements seemed to have been made overnight

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DesertSilver, Oct 25, 2011.

1. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

Something seems to have been done overnight to fix the data speed issues with Sprint.

Since launch day up to last night, using the Speedtest.net app, I have never seen down speeds over over 300kbps, even with full bars. This morning with only 2 bars, I'm experiencing down speeds of 500 - 1300kbps, although up speeds are still pretty low at 50 - 300kbps.

I can't say what was done but things seem to be better. I didn't see any type of update so any changes must have been done on the Sprint network side.

Anyone else experiencing improvements with Sprint today?

2. coolweirdo macrumors regular

coolweirdo

3. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

OMG, i'd be ticked.

I'm not sure I remember right but wasn't Sprint one of the networks that kept saying they could handle any amount of data the iPhone could toss at it??/

4. HBGFrank macrumors newbie

I just got off the phone with Sprint. I just switched to them from TMobile on Saturaday. I told them I was going to end up swicthing to ATT due to the slow speeds. Informed them that I did a speed test today in town and got a .01mbps download speed. I do not want to go to AT&T, I have done business with them before and yes they have good coverage but, other than that (I know thats the point) they suck.
    They put a supervisor on with me that was actually VERY nice and helpful. She told me that this is being handled with the highest importance at the highest level and that they all have an internal email advising them of the "nationwide iphone data speed issue". She said that Apple is FURIOUS over this as looking bad is not something they enjoy. She said that she and all of Sprint knows that if they do not get this fixed and fixed quickly they are ruined. She assured me that this would be fixed about just as the antennae issues with the iphone4 were fixed but, it would probably take a month or so. She then gave me (without asking) a full months credit on my account (ihave 3 iphones on the account) and they are mailing me an AIRAVE for free. She said its like having a cell tower at your house. She also offered one for my wifes office as well.
    Not sure what to think. My speeds here (Central PA) have been terrible and also having some call coverage issues.
    Common sense says it will be fixed because it HAS TO get fixed. She is absolutley correct when she said that if this doesnt get fixed right away that Sprint is ruined. Im just not sure if I want to be on the hook for the early term fees if it doesnt work out.
    Nayone else have any new updates?

5. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Embellish much? There is no way a supervisor at Sprint or any other cell phone provider would say these things to a customer. She may have apologized and offered you some type of credit, but no, I'm not buying this.

6. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

That's good, mm I havent had bad speeds , they seem on par to the nexus s and evo 3d I have between 0.7-1.9mbps , right now my wifi router don't want to work but I have no problems with sprint at this moment , btw I am call to see if they give me the airave lol , I wanted one with my evo since people say that they could get up to 2mbps no problems and I would use it at work ha ha

7. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Ha ha who knows man some people aren't train right, sprint representatives had told me some weird things in the past lol

8. HBGFrank macrumors newbie

Her name was Diane and she is in the North Carolina office. Phone was originally answered by a guy with a very thick oriental accent and the second I mentioned swicthing to AT&T he said he needed to put me on with a supervisor.
    What good would embelishing do anyways?

9. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Wow you remember her name lol, I have called sprint at least 20 times (no problems just switching phones and pushing my early upgrade 8 months earlier ) and I don't remember their name after an hour if so ha ha

10. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Thats funny, because my iPhone would still disconnected from cell service if I even touched the seam with my finger until the day I sold it, and my wifes white iPhone 4 still does.

I also don't believe anyone from Sprint would say they would be ruined if they don't fix it.