sprint iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by applefan9, Mar 6, 2012.

1. applefan9 macrumors newbie

i was wondering with Sprint now also having the iPhone what would be the chances of Sprint having a data plan for the iPad????:apple:

2. iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

I was thinking about this the other day.

Apple would then have to produce twenty-four different iPads for this to happen. That's a staggering amount of iPads, with the already eighteen iPad 2s still out there and the six iPad 1s. Of course, they could just make the iPad universal...

It would be amazing if they did it, and I would sprint to lock down my unlimited plan too.

3. applefan9 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have Sprint at the and I have the unlimited data plan and would get iPad under sprint since im guessing it will offer unlimited data. if not i will just stick with the wi-fi iPad.

4. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I think there will be a Sprint version. Verizon got the iPad shortly after it got the iPhone. Why should Sprint be any different?

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

since there are no carrier markings on the iPhones or iPads i don't see why they would have to make another set for a new carrier. three wifi models and three wifi+3G/4G antennas. just depends on who activates it provides the mobile data, doesn't mean any of the internals or externals need to be different.

6. applefan9 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I think should happen. but i haven't heard or read anything about iPad on Sprint and Sprint don't have any sim cards.

7. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Neither does Verizon ...

8. applefan9 thread starter macrumors newbie

that gives me more hope on having a Sprint iPad.

:apple:

9. Stetrain macrumors 68040

I'm guessing it will be just like the iPhone 4S. One actual 3G model that works on all carriers (well, except T-mobile US), but you still have to order it for the carrier you want to use it for.

10. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

Correct me of I'm wrong, but Verizon's LTE network uses SIM cards. If this iPad is LTE capable, buying a Verizon iPad would presumably include a SIM card.

11. Built macrumors 68020

Geez...I hope that the 3 is not carrier-specific. Finding just the right version last year of the 2 was like playing roulette...So many different combinations...One store I went to happily proclaimed that they had plenty of 64GB in Black...only to add (later) that they were all Verizon...:eek:

I would like to see them do it like the iPhone 4S...You order it for the carrier you want, but it's one model that works for all carriers...

12. falcora macrumors 6502

If the iPad 3 is 4G/LTE compatible, there might be a chance of it being available on T-Mobile as well. Anyone know if their 4G networks are standard? (I know tmobile's 3g uses weird bands)