Sprint iphone 3 to straight talk

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by IphoneNewb86, Jun 19, 2015.

1. IphoneNewb86 macrumors newbie

My cousin has a sprint iphone 3 ios 7.2.1 her mother is a single mom with struggling finances, she wants to get it back on with straight talk, but this iphone has no sim card slot. A1349 is model. I jailbroke it. But still lost what to do next. Please help me. Others have said they have done it so it must be possible.

Thank you!!!!

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

A few things.

The very first iPhone Sprint got was the 4s and by extension the 4.

There has never been an iPhone 3. There was the iPhone 3G (because it had 3G) but that was AT&T only at the time.

The fact that the phone has no SIM slot tells me that it's an iPhone 4. The Sprint iPhone 4 is the ONLY Sprint iPhone model that does not have a SIM slot - therefore if it has no SIM slot, and it's a Sprint model it is an iPhone 4. It uses an internal SIM-like circuitry and that circuitry is locked to Sprint.

The route you are taking (jailbreak, unlock) implies that you have read about and are seeking a software unlock. Well, the software unlock days died about four or so years ago. With the advent of $1 unlocks and free unlocking by the carriers development ceased.

You say the phone is on 7.1.2. So, even if you could still find something (a software unlock) the version of iOS is too new to use it.

In short, there is no way to do what you want. Even if you could "unlock" a Sprint iPhone 4 you have no capability of inserting a Straight Talk SIM.

Also, you may have heard about MSL codes at some point. Forget it. Apple does not use MSL codes to "reprogram" iPhones. They are less than useless.

I'm sorry, but unless your cousin's mom is willing to use Sprint this phone is not going to any other network.

3. IphoneNewb86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea i thought it was a iphone 4, but when i looked up the model a1439 it said iphone3gs, so confused me. And i have just been looking at guide after guide alas each 1 they had a sim card slot and this 1 does not. I was just looking for a work around as her mother is financially hurting she cant afford a new 1, and just wants a way to keep in touch with her daughter.

If there is no way, then so be it. Atleast i know not to try anymore. Thanks for the input.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm sorry, but there really is no way.

That said, she might talk to Sprint. They, like the other carriers participate in the Lifeline service for qualified low income customers. They may be able to help.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not going to happen. Tell her to sell it as is but its not worth much anyway.
    Also an iphone 3 never existed.
    Iphone 3G or 3GS yes. But none of those models were for Sprint like Ey explained above.