Sprint iPhone 4s and insurance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iToNe24, Oct 7, 2011.

1. iToNe24 macrumors regular

Has anyone gathered correct info regarding insurance and the iPhone with sprint?

AppleCare actually works out to be $100+ cheaper 8.99 mo sprint($215) or $99 for 2 years apple upfront​
    Sprint actually covers against lost/stolen phones
    Sprint charges $100 deductible (or maybe more for iphone) for lost or damaged phones

Apple told me that Sprint does not offer insurance coverage for the iphone. This would have to be purchased separately through Apple (Apple+ Care) for $99.00.

Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage and 90 days of telephone technical support.

AppleCare+ for iPhone extends repair coverage and technical support to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone.

It also includes coverage for up to two exchanges for accidental hardware damage, each subject to a $49 service fee.

With AppleCare+ for iPhone, Apple experts can troubleshoot issues with you over the phone or at an Apple Retail Store.
    AppleCare+ must be purchased at point of sale or at activation for devices shipped.

AppleCare+ protection plan – priced at $99 – provides the following benefits and scope:
    2-year limited warranty coverage
    Minor Damage is covered at $0 for AppleCare+ customers for the duration of their 2-year limited warranty coverage
    Repairable Damage is covered at $49 for AppleCare+ customers for the duration of their 2-year limited warranty coverage.
    2-years Technical Support
    Catastrophic Damage is not covered by AppleCare+.
    Lost and Stolen devices also are not covered by the AppleCare+.
    AppleCare+ is only available at the time of purchase or at activation for devices shipped cold, and cannot be added later

If this is true and mostly everyone preordered already ... when do we purchase the $99 applecare+ .. we still have to go to apple store on the 14th when it is crazy ... it talks about buying on day of sale or activation...??

2. bbapps macrumors regular

I ordered on Sprints website and selected applecare+ at the time I placed the order.