Sprint iphone 4s sim card error?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmusicman385, Oct 15, 2011.

1. dmusicman385 macrumors regular

I got this weird message randomly at work today. Said "sim card error". I turned the phone off and back on and had no issues since, but I do not have a sim card since I am on sprint. Anyone else get this on Sprint (or Verizon?) :apple:

2. dmusicman385 thread starter macrumors regular

3. Aaron89 macrumors newbie

Sim

They do have sim cards checked in the slot on right side of phone, if happened again find small utinsel to fit in hole and pop out then push right back in.

4. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

paper clip

5. Timx1386 macrumors newbie

Me too

Hi- this same problem happened to me a few times already- should I be concerned? Seems strange that it happens unprovoked..

6. Whare Kohanga macrumors newbie

Sprint iphone 4s sim card error

I have a one week old iphone 4s on Sprint carrier. Today I received the SIM card error message twice and the second time the telephone ability has failed completely. I cannot call out and calls cannot be received. It does, however, connect to the internet and do all its other functions. Removing the Speck Candy Case makes no difference. Sounds as if this phone needs a new SIM card. Am I correct?
    Thanks.

7. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

First thing you need to do is try and re seat the sim. Use a small paper clip to eject the sim tray, take the card out and put it back in the try. Insert the try back into the phone and see of that helps.

8. Whare Kohanga macrumors newbie

Sprint iphone 4s sim card error

Thanks. I removed and replaced the SIM. Still dead. The phone shows it is "Searching" by no connection. I powered the phone off, waited a few, then on again. Nothing. Would a hard set help? Does a hard set remove Contacts, Apps, or Calendars, etc?

9. tito2020 macrumors 6502a

You must call tech support to reset the sim card