Sprint iPhone 4S stuck data roaming.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheSuperSteve, Oct 15, 2011.

1. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

Hello.

I just got my very first iPhone so i'm still learning about activation and stuff. Heck, its my first smartphone. So take it easy on me.

Whenever i try to use the 3G on it, it says that i need to turn on Data Roaming. I have unlimited data and i'm at home. I have no idea what's going on. The status bar says "Sprint" and i see the 4 bars of signal strength. So i assume the iPhone is activated.

I dont know what's going on. Should i try restoring?

2. TheSuperSteve thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone know anything? If bumping isnt allowed, i apologize.

3. jkane08 macrumors member

I have. A friend who is on the unlimited everything plan with Sprint and has an Evo 4G... Sprint's service is shotty, and he is constantly roaming for both calls and data. He has said on multiple occasions that roaming is included in with his unlimited everything plan, for no extra cost.

Perhaps yours is the same? I took it as that's a standard feature on sprint.

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Sprint roams on Verizon's network.

Go to Sprint's website and check the locator map. It should give you an idea if you're in a spotty coverage area.

5. mds macrumors 6502

Is data free on Sprint when it is roaming? I noticed on my 4S it says "Extended" instread of "Roaming." I think Sprint may have requested this so people don't think they're paying when they're on the Verizon network.