Sprint iphone 4s w/gevey

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Crown510, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Crown510 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone

I have an Iphone 4S with JB 5.1.1 and I've successfully was able to unlock this. My question is that if I want to go back to using my sprint service (put original sim back there) It won't recognize it at all and just says "NO SERVICE". Now before posting I've read on here about setting up some APN settings and using tether me and deleting carrier bundles directory? Before I go further I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. How can I use these services back and forth? Let's say I want to use Tmobiles network and then go back to my sprint do I have to remove the gevey tray completely? Or just insert my sprint sim card? I need help.

Thank you all in advance.

2. gd6 macrumors member

not sure if its possible to do that....the sprint sim card is only for international use I believe, meaning it might not have the information needed for sprint.

I would try to just remove the gevey sim, and turn off 'Unlock Baseband' which is found in FuriousMod 4s.

Deleting Carrier Bundles might have screwed this possibility up for 5.1.1, it might be possible to restore carrier bundles after unlocking with the gevey without losing the unlock.

3. Crown510 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I went ahead and disabled UNLOCK BASEBAND and rebooted phone and now my phone is working with the Gevey Ultra S sim/try. I guess when I insert a GSM card (ex: simplemobile) all I have to do is enable the baseband unlock. The only question I have left is why is it that sometimes my phone keeps having the popups that the Ultra s is successfully unlocked? Is there a way to get past this?

4. gd6 macrumors member

Maybe try leaving the gevey sim out completely? It can connect with sprint without any sim card inserted I believe.

So your saying it did connect with sprint when you turned off 'unlock baseband'?

5. Crown510 thread starter macrumors newbie

Now for whatever reason after trying to put my sim back in, It wants me to activate it and only lets me access the wifi options. This gevey ultra S is so complicated I definitely thought i'd be easier. Besides the instructions they provided are there tutorials on this anywhere?