Sprint iPhone 5 Advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by anaqvi786, Jul 24, 2014.

1. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

Hey everyone!

I am looking to buy a very good condition used iPhone 5 for Sprint to replace my water damaged Verizon one, so I can activate it on FreedomPop for free service. My current budget is $215 but I can save more $ (allowance) to get to $250. Can I get some advice on where to look? Any good pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Try swappa.com, then there's eBay and of course Craigslist.

3. anaqvi786 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks!

4. thetechfixer macrumors 6502

thetechfixer

I know this sounds weird but ask family and friends, usually you can get a better deal if you know the person.

5. anaqvi786 thread starter macrumors regular

I would, but the problem is that everyone else I know is on Verizon or AT&T. But I did manage to find a good listing to buy from, I just need to act in time to actually get the iPhone.

6. DracoDWS macrumors member

DracoDWS

I'm looking at FreedomPop too

I'm thinking the same as you. I have an iPhone 4 (AT&T) that I switched to Consumer Cellular - The home button doesn't really work anymore. I have to press it like 10 times to do anything.

Since it doesn't really work, I'm basically just parking the phone number, hoping that FreedomPop offers the 5S (once the 6 comes out) for the same $350 they're offering the 5 (refurbished) for.