Sprint iPhone 5 existing customer price

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marine0816, Sep 27, 2011.

1. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

Considering the iPhone price will be at the usual new customer contract 2 year price of $199. Do you think Sprint will give existing customers a break? And how much? Did Verizon's existing customers get a break during the iPhone 4 launch? Thank You

2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Since they're the only provider that still offers unlimited data, they won't need any further gimmicks or incentives to draw customers.

3. brodas macrumors regular

Main line a yearly upgrade and others 14-18 months

4. emoore macrumors regular

No Verizon didn't give their existing customers a break, well at least not me. I have a dumb phone and tried to upgrade early but they wouldn't budge. I'm still a few months away from my upgrade date and they still won't move it a bit forward so I can get the iPhone 5 for the 2 year price. That's why I will be switching to Sprint if they get the iPhone. I doubt that Sprint will have to do much to sell the iPhone so I don't see them offering any discounts.

5. edk99 macrumors 6502a

They have no reason to offer existing customers any sort of deal. If they did that with every phone what's the point of getting the subsidy and signing a contract.

They will handle it like any other new phone they get. If you are eligible you get the subsidy price if not then you pay more.

6. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

Verizon allowed me to add an iPhone for the 2 year contract price mid cycle because we were having MAJOR issues with the wifes dumb phone. But I don't see Sprint offering anyone any specials at all

7. jacollins macrumors 6502a

And Verizon wondered why they didn't sell as many iPhones as they predicted...

8. Millionin20s macrumors regular

More than likely you will be paying the full unsubsidized price, or looking to buy one from Craigslist/Ebay for cheaper than the full price. Between potential new customers and Sprint Premier eligible people like myself, Sprint is going to be hammered with people trying to upgrade. Your best bet, if you want to try and sneak through, might be to wait a few weeks until supply and demand evens out a bit more and then hit a rep with a sob story. At that point, Sprint will probably be going back into its more typical "anything to retain a customer" mode.

9. Pupator macrumors member

This is a bad plan. Some of us stayed with Sprint for years and years out of some bizarre kind of loyalty. Now they finally have the phone we want and they're saying "no, you can't have it for another 8-9 months" (in my case). Forget it. AT&T iPhone 4S has HSPA+, can do data and voice at the same time, and is $199 instead of $549. Forget Sprint. Let's see if they get more new subscribers or lose more old ones this week.