Sprint iphone 5c 32

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dannycool1212, Oct 25, 2014.

1. dannycool1212 macrumors newbie

i purchased a sprint iphone 5c 32 gb from sprint , which means it is not activated on sprints network , and never was. i did a online order. can this phone be unlocked? im in the usa. i read somewhere that there's a possibility i received a unlocked iPhone from apple, how would i be able to tell?

and also can this phone can be blacklisted by sprint even though sprint doesnt have the IMEI since it as never activated on their network???

let me remind u i removed the sim card from the phone, and i have not powered the phone on yet. NO ACTIVATION HAS BEEN DONE.

2. Learylvr., Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014

Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

Sprint iphone 5c 32

In the USA, this phone can only be used in Sprint. Does not matter if it's not been activated or turned on.

Why did you buy a Sprint Phone and not want it associated with any kind of Sprint account. You can have it unlocked to use overseas. Did you pay full retail?

3. dannycool1212 thread starter macrumors newbie

no, but since i didn't activate it with sprint, can they blacklist my imei?

4. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Its locked man. Sorry.

5. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

Sprint iphone 5c 32

Did you pay full price for phone?? Did u pay new customer price? I'm not sure why being blacklisted would be a problem unless ... It's stolen.. I know you said you bought it online, but why would you be worried it would be blacklisted if you bought it, online from Sprint or Apple?? Second reason it would be blacklisted, is if you paid a new customer price... (It's free) instead of the full retail price (449.00) IF you paid the new customer price,and not full retail for the 5c, and your not planning on making monthly payments ... It WILL be blacklisted. You can't go anywhere and get a free iPhone, and not make payments for it. It will be blacklisted . It will damage your credit and will not go away until you pay for it. If you paid full price of 449.00, to use on another carrier, other than Sprint , it won't work. You can get it unlocked to work overseas. If you want it to work in the US, either sign up with Sprint, or return it. Hope this helps. Oh and by the way, again, it DOES NOT MATTER, if it's been turned on and the Sim removed , it can and will be blacklisted, this phone has serial numbers , That tie it to Sprint, it makes no difference if it's never been turned on, activated and SIM card removed . It's a Sprint IPhone .

6. KuchiKopi macrumors regular

KuchiKopi

7. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It's locked to Sprint, period.

And the only way it's IMEI would be blacklisted is if it was stolen or you did not complete your contract.

9. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I'm sorry but Sprint (or their subsidiaries) devices can only be unlocked for international use.

They won't be able to be used in the U.S.A.

10. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

Not paying full retail is the same thing as theft from Sprint. If ur not planing on paying for it. It will absolutely be blacklisted. It makes no difference if u made up a fake name to buy it or any other thing , the 5c is a Sprint phone , with serial numbers and IMEI numbers associated with Sprint. No account and payments, blacklisted. Just return it to Sprint, save ur credit and some poor sap that buys it to see its blacklisted.

11. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Sprint phones can only work on Sprint, and the phone will only accept Sprint SIM cards. Sorry dude, the phone is toast. There is literally nothing you can do to get it to take a Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile SIM card. The only thing you can really do now is trade the phone in to another carrier when you sign up with them as bill credit or something, but ironically, the only one who offers this is...Sprint.

12. stardozer13 macrumors member

stardozer13

I got the 5C that's the phone I could afford. I'm not rich like some people. Maybe the OP isn't either. :rolleyes:

13. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

Sprint iphone 5c 32

The 5c is a great phone, don't let that worry you. Who cares what people think, as long as your happy and enjoy your phone.

14. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I just returned a 6 in favor of my 5c. I see nothing wrong with having a 5c. I've had no problems with it at all. I'm just sorry OP has the Sprint version of it.