Sprint iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by imjoee, Aug 31, 2013.

1. imjoee, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013

imjoee macrumors 6502

imjoee

Currently i own a iphone 5 with sprint and my 2 year contract ended, so now i can leave anytime i want. Could i purchase an iphone 5s at full price from apple so i dont have to get locked in for another 2 years?

i would deactivate my iphone 5 and then activate my iphone 5s with sprint

will sprint allow this without locking me into another 2 year contract?

2. eyoungren, Aug 31, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

My wife and I were just at an Apple store last Friday to get her an iPhone 5 and we were offered either the 2 year committment or an outright purchase. We went with the 2 year committment, but the fact that we were offered an outright purchase with no contract means that that option is there.

However, I think you might have to wait a few weeks or so. When I got my own iPhone 5 I pre-ordered. Apple's website did NOT offer me a no contract purchase option then. So, it must have come later.

BTW, do yourself a favor and buy from Apple. Avoid buying from Sprint, either at a store or on their site. We bought direct from Apple both times. The reason for that is that you are only dealing with Apple. You don't have to worry about the damn Sprint CSRs trying to sell you crap, lying to you about this and that and everything else. You can get Applecare+ direct from Apple and only deal with Apple.

I have completely cut out Sprint this way. The only way they get involved is when activating the phone or paying my bill. I've already had my own iPhone 5 replaced once and Apple took care of it. No Assurion, no deductibles, no Sprint employees asking a million questions and giving you the feeling that YOU are trying to rip off Sprint and that YOU are lying and that your phone is just perfectly fine when it isn't.

Just my two cents.

3. imjoee thread starter macrumors 6502

imjoee

Ya i try to avoid sprint myself too, never go to them when i have a problem with my phone.

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yep! You'd just go month to month, basically.

5. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

If you buy it out right, your phone will still only work on Sprint. Sprint iPhone 5's cannot be used on any other carriers in the US.