Sprint Iphone 6 unlocking for use in Europe question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amatorb, May 30, 2015.

1. amatorb macrumors newbie

I recently purchased 2 Sprint Iphone 6 refurbished from Wal-Mart and both came unlocked to all 3 other major carriers in US. I am intending to use these phones in Europe and tried to contact Sprint to make sure it is also unlocked for international use, but they will not talk to me because I don't have an account with Sprint (tried both - chat and phone).

Does anyone know if the Sprint IPhone unlocked in US will work with carriers in Europe, or I should just return the phones and stay away from Sprint branding as far as I can.

PS: I actually bought 3 Sprint Iphones and one of them was locked. I tried to go through Sprint to unlock it, but that proved to be major hassle and even though some CS reps promised the unlock to work within 3 days, it was actually never unlocked. Now two weeks later it seems like I am hitting a stone wall and no one will talk with non Sprint customer, which btw is a sure way to drop possible future customer off the list.

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

If it's unlocked domestically, it will be unlocked internationally. Domestic unlock always means international is included.

As to the other unlocked phone, is that a 6 too?

You might try tweeting Marcelo Claure. It's been said he's fairly responsive.

Also, marcelo.claure@sprint.com leads directly to Executive Services. You can try them as well.

3. amatorb thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, that's been always my experience, I just never owned unlocked Sprint phone before and since their unlock information distinguishes between domestic and international, I just wanted to be sure before I actually get to use it.
    Yes, it is.

Thank you for the info, I will try to contact him.

4. Juarez7514 macrumors member

What model of iPhone did you buy. Model number.

5. amatorb thread starter macrumors newbie

MG6H2LL/A & MG5Y2LL/A

6. Pat123 macrumors newbie

MG6H2LL/A is a Sprint CDMA model. If it is unlocked domestically, rest assured it will work international.

MG5Y2LL/A is a Verizon model. There are some reports that Verizon phones which are domestic unlocked, may not be international unlocked.

I would say 100% the first one will work in Europe while there are chances that the second one may or may not work in Europe.

Model Number reference: http://www.techwalls.com/differences-between-iphone-6-6-plus-models/