Sprint iPhone Constantly Switching To Roaming!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by godoggo, Oct 29, 2011.

1. godoggo macrumors newbie

So for the first week, my Sprint iPhone was working perfectly. No issues, great reception and full bars at home. Now for the last 5 days, our phones are constantly switching between "Sprint" and "Extended." This is so frustrating.

Sprint bars rarely go above 2 bars and we drop calls all the time! We can hardly send text messages and 3g doesn't even work.

Is there any way to force the iphone to roam only. When we're in "Extended" mode, the phone works great.

Called sprint to explain the issue and they're sending a mini-cell tower Airave to us for free but that can't get here soon enough.

2. Trey1984 macrumors regular

I had the same problem with them...first 3 days i've ever been with them and it was the worst service i have ever had. Customer service and cell service. My wife is at att right now as i type this getting our old account back. I recommend you do the same if you haven't been with them long.

3. godoggo thread starter macrumors newbie

I posted the same message over on the Sprint forums and within an hour I had a tech actually calling me on my phone to help solve the issue. Turns out a tower is down in my area and causing problems. They escalated the problem up the chain to get taken care of fast which is awesome.

Absolutely fantastic Sprint Service. Couldn't believe a tech would actually call me from a post on a forum. Actually had a second tech call a few minutes ago to let me know they're working on solving the problem.

I've been with Sprint almost 10 years and they are fantastic in my area. Great service.

4. Trey1984 macrumors regular

Ah yes the classic, "o a towers down line". Please man.. i with them for only 3 days..heard this the first day..second day there where no know issues in my area..said it must be my phone..great they contacted you but report back in a week or even after 24 hours the phone starts roming again like it did mine..*** sprint i'm sticking with att.

5. Fuchal macrumors 68020

A few months ago, I had ATT towers go down near me leaving me with 0 bars. It's nice that you even have the option to roam.

6. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Where do you guys live that are experiencing problems

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

AT&T tells me a tower is down every time I call them about signal issues at home. This has been the case for 15 years.