Carrier Sprint iPhone for Life Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ELPresidente720, Sep 13, 2014.

1. ELPresidente720 macrumors 6502

Anyone else going for this? Seems like a good deal... I'm either going with it or switching to T-Mobile.

2. ijoelpod macrumors member

ijoelpod

I was seriously considering it but I don't know how the sevice was/is and no one I know has Sprint so I stayed with AT&T. Too bad it was only $70 a month for unlimited everything which included the $20/month phone leases.

3. ELPresidente720 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sprint has treated me well, but I'm not wild about leasing a phone vs. paying to own. To get the new 6 I have to either lease or break my contract and go with T-Mobile.

4. ttbhg macrumors newbie

I think it's an awesome deal but Sprint is terrible were I live. I have three friends with Sprint and they are all switching their contracts to other carriers for the 6 launch.

If they had good service in my area, I'd be on it quick. People will tell you that leasing a phone is worthless, etc, etc, but if you got unlimited talk, text and data from anyone for $70, it'd be a great deal. Throw in the fact that they give you a brand new iPhone every two years and it's a great deal.

5. Jwowbman macrumors member

I am coming up on the end of my contract with Verizon. Their service was great but the prices are way way too high! I am excited for the iPhone for life plan they launched and ordered my 6+ Space Grey 16GB online...I am going to try out the store on Friday to see if I can get one that way faster though

----------

I used to live in a more remote area and Verizon was great there with the i5 and LTE but now that I am moving to a much bigger city Sprint service really won't be a problem at all and I'm excited for UNLIMITED data plan

6. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Didn't Sprint agree to purchase $20B worth of iPhones for 4 years? Maybe they haven't met the quota and they're getting desperate. Plan sucks, though.

7. ELPresidente720 thread starter macrumors 6502

How so? Enlighten me.

8. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

I think that is the reason why I was able to upgrade, even thought my current contract runs until July 1st.
    Anyway, I was able to lease a 128GB iPhone 6 Plus for only a few dollars more month that I have been paying!

9. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

No flexibility. Taxes are deferred but you still pay them. The more expensive the iPhone you get, the lower the effective "trade-in value" you're getting.

iPhone 6 16GB: $650 - $20*24 = $170
    iPhone 6 64GB: $750 - $25*24 = $150
    iPhone 6 128GB: $850 - $30*24 = $130
    iPhone 6+ 128GB: $950 - $35*24 = $110

10. neile45 macrumors regular

I originally thought about doing this, but the trade in value stinks. I would rather pay for the phone and then sell it outright.

11. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

I'm seriously considering this but not sure if it is great value, so what happens at the end of 2 years with your iPhone6 plus ? Do you've to return your iPhon6+ back to Sprint ?

I'm current sprint customer with 3 lines and paying $185 for family plan. My data usage is roughly 4-5GB between all three lines. Not sure if T-Moible would be good option for me ? Can anyone suggest anything here ?

I want to get 3 new iPhone6+

12. Jwowbman macrumors member

At the end....all you do is bring in old phone and get a new one and start it all over