Carrier Sprint iPhone Forever Program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LukeBeen, Oct 15, 2015.

1. LukeBeen macrumors newbie

LukeBeen

I'm currently with Verizon and want to switch to the sprint iPhone forever plan. I know this gives me the option to upgrade every single year but what happens if I want to keep my 6s when the next phone comes out? Do I still keep paying the same amount as the first 12 months? Or do I have to trade up?

2. larla macrumors newbie

They will gladly take your monthly payment and let you keep the same phone; but why would you want to? I was told that you could pay this same price as long as you want and still switch to the newest model (that is equivalent to your current Forever phone) every year. I was also told that the half-price I am paying for a plan equivalent to my previous AT&T plan will be in effect as long as I don't change the plan.

3. mzengr macrumors member

mzengr

The lease is for 21 months I believe. At the end of your lease you can purchase the phone. If you are paying one of the promotional prices (i.e. $15/mo), it would stay the same until you upgrade. You are not required to upgrade after a year.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It's a lease. Bear in mind that the deal is promotional. The next upgrade will have you paying full price.

I.e., iPhone Forever means you can upgrade at regular intervals. Just turn in the phone, pay off the remainder of the leass and upgrade. That's all the 'Forever' part applies to. 'Forever' does NOT apply to keeping the promotional rate.

Note that you have to trade in a current iPhone to even get this deal.

5. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

You do not have to trade an iPhone in to get iPhone forever. If you want the promotional lease rate of 15 per month, yes, you need to trade in a working smartphone. If you don't trade in, you will pay 22 a month for the device lease. IP forever means you can get the new iPhone each time a new one comes out. You turn in you current iPhone, which wipes out the current lease, and then start a new one with the new device. There is a purchase option. Example:get a 6S today, go back next October to get the ip7. You can either turn the 6S in which wipes it's lease out, or you can pay the remainder of the 6S lease off and still upgrade to the 7 while keeping the 6S. You do also have the option of not upgrading, and keeping the current device until it's paid off. Once your lease is paid in full, the charge comes off of your bill. It's very similar to the att next plan on most aspects.