Carrier Sprint iPhone Forever Trade in vs No Trade In

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Blazin4QB, Sep 15, 2015.

?

Was this information helpful in your decision?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Blazin4QB, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015

Blazin4QB macrumors newbie

Hello All,

I have been researching Sprints current offer of iPhone Forever plan and a few things stuck out to me. First off when you trade in the smartphone you have now to qualify for the monthly discount you will receive no credit for it. The iPhone Forever plan with Trade In saves you between $4 - $7 per month on the price of the phone depending on phone choice. My calculations shows that the offer will only save you $84 per year or $168 over two years.

Currently Sprint is offering me $350 on their buyback program for my iPhone 6 Plus and it will apply as an account credit i would receive within three billing cycles. So when i subtracted the $168 i would saved over two years with a trade in from the $350 account credit i end up saving an additional $182 over the same time period by applying the credit to my monthly bills. So i see it as i either save within a three month period with the $350 account credit or trade in my phone today for $168 after two years.

Hopefully this information is helpful to someone else looking to use this new Sprint plan

2. leftfieldfan macrumors newbie

I believe the $7 savings is for 1 year only. You don't have to give up your current phone. I had a sprint iPhone 6 that was paid off and sold it somewhere else and gave them and old iPhone 4 I had sitting around.

3. wolfedude88 macrumors regular

wolfedude88

The savings is until you upgrade again