Carrier Sprint iPhone Forever Users - So whats your iPhone 7 gameplan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by urkel, Sep 2, 2016.

1. urkel macrumors 68030

Anyone else get on last years iPhone Forever plan? I wasn't planning on upgrading but after reviewing my Lease Agreement then now I'm on the fence.

Here's my Lease Agreement so far:

iPhone 6S+ 4GB
    $518.00 - Total Lease Agreement Amount
    $23.77 - Lease Charge (11 of 22) ($7/mo promotional discount until your first upgrade)
    $256.53 - Remaining Lease Commitment
    $191.00 - Purchase Option Price (After you finish 22months you pay this to own it)
    $447.53 - Lease Buyout Cost

I was considering just buying out my lease but I was surprised to see that over the last year I've only paid $261.47 for my leased phone so $447 seems like a lot to own a year old phone. Its funny because Leasing seemed crazy a year or two ago but after going the math then its actually coming out ahead.

So, I'm curious about others who are on iPhone Forever. Are there any promos out there? What do you plan to do? Keep your phone? Trade in? Buy it out? We're almost at upgrade time so it doesn't hurt to make a game plan early.

2. wolfedude88 macrumors 6502

wolfedude88

Mine is a little different than yours. I only pay .34 cents a month for my phone, CEO of sprint hooked me up with a crazy deal last year. I only have to pay like $200 to own mine outright. I thought about doing that and selling it and taking that money to pay for the next one. Or keeping it as a spare to have just in case. Don't know yet what to do.

Attached Files:

3. urkel thread starter macrumors 68030

Wow. And I thought we had a good deal last year when they were telling us to ship back our iPhone 6+ OR a qualifying alternate device and we turned in a $12 Android prepaid phone that was on their list. But 34 cents a month?!? That beats everything.

It is weird that they didn't simply give you the phone because it seems like it would be less paperwork.