Sprint iphone rumors

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ten-oak-druid, Mar 14, 2011.

1. ten-oak-druid, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

ten-oak-druid macrumors 68000

ten-oak-druid

I was so sick of seeing every rumor of Verizon iphone posted on this site.

In the end I believed none of them. Even the last which came true had me posting this was another bogus rumor and you know I don't feel bad about that at all. Because no one had any business believing these rumors anymore. I mean a rumor would come up and people would be talking as if it was fact and the Verizon iphone would be here on a certain date. The date would come and go and the next rumor would speculate on a new date. And the same people would take it as fact again and speak of getting their new phone. No wonder these preachers who claim the world is ending on a particular date get away with it when it doesn't come true.

Well what interested me is that when I searched for "Sprint iphone" I came across multiple stories at different dates. But none of these got the attention on Macrumors that Verizon did. Why is that? What made Macrumors decide to post every rumor as "Verizon iphone coming [insert season]" but virtually ignore the Sprint rumors?

Perhaps if we start posting them here, we'll see what MR does with them and perhaps get an answer. Perhaps not. Regardless, I'll have fun proclaiming that the Sprint iphone is coming [insert season] with every rumor I find just as Macrumors did countless times.

So here is the Sprint iphone rumors thread.

Here was a rumor back in January 2011 about the Sprint iphone:

Sprint to get iphone 5?

January 28th Sprint iphone rumor:
    Will Sprint Be the Next iPhone Provider?
    Posted by Joanne Lee on January 28, 2011

"With the release of the iPhone 4 on Verizon’s network being the talk of the town, is Sprint ready to join the fun with a 4G WiMAX iPhone? Speculators are keeping their eyes on February 7th, the date of Sprint’s invitational press event in New York. Sprint promises an “industry first” and to show that the “impossible is possible.”

Until now, AT&T monopolized iPhone service with an exclusive contract with Apple. There had been some issues with making the iPhone work on a CDMA network, but the timely technology fix and contract termination with AT&T has made this dream possible. Both Verizon and Sprint use CDMA technology, which means Sprint has the prospect of bringing the iPhone 4 to its customers anytime. Moreover, Apple’s COO Tim Cook stated that Verizon does not have an exclusive contract for the iPhone.

Are speculators putting their fingers in the right place? Verizon did the iPhone 4 first, but it still runs only on its 3G network. Could Sprint be pulling an “industry first” 4G WiMAX iPhone 4 out of their magic hat? If Sprint gets that trick to work, they could just be a few paces ahead of their competitors."

More signs the iphone 5 is coming to Sprint:

Macrumors does occasionally report on Sprint iphone rumors:

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/05/23/sprint-to-also-get-iphone-this-year/

2. ten-oak-druid, Mar 14, 2011

ten-oak-druid thread starter macrumors 68000

ten-oak-druid

3. ten-oak-druid, Mar 14, 2011

ten-oak-druid

4. ten-oak-druid, Mar 14, 2011

ten-oak-druid

5. ten-oak-druid, Mar 14, 2011

ten-oak-druid

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Self bumping a thread 5 times inside of 30 minutes? I hear they hate that around here.

7. Che Castro macrumors 603

8. ten-oak-druid thread starter macrumors 68000

ten-oak-druid

Don't get all upset. I just started the thread with some links to stories on the topic. From now on I'll post them as they appear. Probably days between posts. But this will get bumped a lo

Not really. I just want to play the game macrumors played in declaring a verizon iphone is imminent with every rumor that appears.

9. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

maybe he just likes talking with himself. I read through it, more like skimmed, then realized the first 5 posts were the same person

10. ten-oak-druid thread starter macrumors 68000

ten-oak-druid

Thanks for reading the Sprint iphone thread!

Yes I do like talking to myself. Thanks for noticing.

I've cleaned up the place by consolidating my posts. Hopefully the moderator will delete the extra posts for me.

11. ten-oak-druid thread starter macrumors 68000

ten-oak-druid

A new Sprint iphone story: