Sprint is requiring signatures on delivery!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DarkFlame, Oct 12, 2011.

1. DarkFlame macrumors regular

Just got off the phone with UPS after trying to set up an authorized release to allow the driver to leave my phone on my doorstep without a signature. The representative said that Sprint has specifically requested that a signature be REQUIRED before they leave our IPhone 4S.

Regardless, I am going to leave a huge note on my door with my signature. I'll be at work so I know I'll probably miss the delivery.

The representative told me to watch the delivery status, and once it has been confirmed the driver made the attempt and left without leaving the package - I can call and pick up the package that night at the local UPS headquarters.

Just a little FYI, thought everyone should know.

2. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Will the UPS driver NOT accept the pre-sign form that you can print right through Apple??

3. burmguy macrumors regular

Thanks, I dont work Friday's and if it actually shows up on Friday then I will be good to go

4. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

i ordered through apple and you can preauthorize with them. there was a sig required for iphone 3gs and 4 and the driver just left the package in both instances.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I guess sprint wants to hold UPS responsible for any iPhones that are taken off people's doorsteps! Last year there was a gang of thieves following FEDEX trucks around and gaffling-up the iPhones as they were left at the doorsteps...:eek:

6. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

I understand that some folks can't be home all day waiting for a package and that requiring a signature causes some heartache, but I am glad that they do as a default option. I would hate to have my phone left on the porch for someone to steal.

There are an array of ways to pre-sign depending on the carrier/shipping combo. You should be OK if you partake in one of those options. At the very worst, you would have to drive down to their hub in your town and pick it up.