Sprint is the only US carrier with stock left?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daveolej, Sep 14, 2012.

1. daveolej macrumors member

2. alent1234 macrumors 603

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Hey watch it, I went Sprint :-D

4. daveolej thread starter macrumors member

Not that terrible. I have a tower 1/2 mile away and get a 25% discount through work. No LTE for a while though, it looks like

5. alent1234 macrumors 603

i hear the 3g is like dial up speeds. AT&T circa 2009.

6. daveolej thread starter macrumors member

Not at all. I get about 2800kbps

7. flipn0tic macrumors member

I preordered around 4:45 AM EST through the Sprint website. I checked my order and it says they'll try their best to get it out by 9/21 but there's also a backorder message. I'm going to guess neither of us got in on the first batch.

8. rushluvr macrumors member

Depends on your area. I live in SoCal and was seeing laughable speeds of like 550kbps on 3G and was lucky to get 3Mbps on WiMax. Thats when I left. It was the 4s that broke Sprint's network. I had been with Sprint for 5 years and had great speeds. A few months after the release of the 4s is when the network issues started and it slowed to a crawl.

9. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

Exactly my thoughts lol

10. alent1234 macrumors 603

sprint was dumb and advertised unlimited data

i have AT&T and every time i look at other carriers sprint is always more expensive than my plan with AT&T. The new mobile share plans will be the last nail in the coffin

11. dmelgar macrumors 68000

In my area, AT&T has much worse coverage. Who'd want to go there?

And given the choice with Verizon's share your wallet plans, who'd want to go there?

With Sprint, if you have good coverage, you get unlimited data. Their LTE is rolling out. They're redoing their network. Which I believe, unlike AT&T who says their investing all sorts of money and 4 years after I complained, their coverage is even worse in my area. They're even worse than TMobile. I can't believe anyone stays with AT&T.

12. daveolej thread starter macrumors member

My message says if you ordered after 2pm CDT you are in the 2 week batch. Any orders before that time will be delivered by the 21st

13. KPOM macrumors G5

Try Midtown Manhattan on AT&T's "4G" HSPA+ network on a weekday and see if you still consider 550kbps "laughable." I SO can't wait for my LTE iPhone to arrive. LTE is much better in NYC.

14. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

For now. Wait till all the iphones are on it :)

15. rritterson macrumors 6502

Not anymore. The HSPA+ is clogged with iPhones. Now LTE will be too.

16. spacebetween macrumors regular

Where are you seeing this message when you check your order?

17. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

You said it, in your area. The reason AT&T and Verizon have more customers is their service is better in more areas that Sprint and tMobile.

It sucks, but you're the minority not the norm.

18. daveolej thread starter macrumors member

At www.sprint.com/myorder

Status: Thank you for pre-ordering the 16G iPhone 5. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Pre-orders placed through 2 pm CT on 9/14 will arrive on or around 9/21. Orders placed after 2 pm CT on 9/14 will ship in 2 weeks. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

19. KPOM macrumors G5

True, but LTE is more spectral efficient. I'm getting 2G (not even 2.5G) speeds on HSPA+. I'd be happy with 3G speeds on LTE. There are also lots of Galaxy S3s, etc. here along with LTE iPads so it isn't as if the LTE network is completely unused.

20. daveolej thread starter macrumors member

Im the minority too

21. spacebetween macrumors regular

Interesting. I don't get anything like that on my status. Did you order 8 AM EST or PST? Mine says:

Status: Thank you for pre-ordering the 64G iPhone 5. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. Your device will arrive on or around September 21. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

22. daveolej thread starter macrumors member

Interesting. I ordered at 7:50am est

23. spacebetween macrumors regular

Wonder what that means. I originally ordered through Apple right before 1 am PST and then cancelled and ordered with Sprint at 622 AM PST. According to the note on your status, I should still be good for the 9/21 delivery but I guess we'll see.