Carrier Sprint LTE+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eclipse01, Feb 22, 2016.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

So is anyone lucky enough to line in the 14 or so citys this is offered in?

Is it as fast as they say it is (faster then VzN and everyone else?)

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It helps to understand that LTE+ is what Sprint used to term Spark.

Spark is nothing more than a Sprint market with all three LTE bands (25/1900mhz, 26/800mhz and 41/2.5ghz) plus CA (Carrier Aggregation).

So, LTE+ is nothing more or less than Spark, it's just that Sprint renamed it because it was causing confusion.

That said, the speeds Sprint advertises for it are attainable under optimized conditions. The general experience will probably average out to less, but will indeed be faster than those markets where Sprint has yet to get all three LTE bands working effectively.

Don't get taken in by the hype. ;)

3. Closingracer macrumors 68000

I am in NYC which isn't part of it but I have noticed Speeds higher than when I was with Verizon. The highest I ever had with Verizon was 61-61 MBPS and I had that once or twice with Sprint in random tests around the city.

4. Closingracer macrumors 68000

I don't know about that.... NYC isn't in the LTE + area but was with Spark. I don't think the 800MHZ was included with Spark but I could be wrong

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well…considering your occupation you are probably more right than I am. I was a 16 year customer, but that still left me on the ouside - as far as detailed information goes. :D

6. Closingracer macrumors 68000

IDK really but i haven't really cared for spark or whatever lol. Just going off their website LTE + doesn't even support the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus while Spark did. Either way as long as you live in a large metro area or a decent sized city Sprint is fairly good if you don't travel a lot outside of a city.