Sprint Phones That Sync Well With Address Book?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by steveaus, Jan 7, 2010.

1. steveaus macrumors newbie

I'd love to use an iPhone, but I can't stand the poor reception.

So I'm sticking with Sprint for my phone service and carrying a iPod Touch for my PDA functions.

Anyone have a recommendation for a Sprint phone that sync well Apple's Address Book application? I've used Missing Sync and am not a big fan.

2. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

I have been using Sprint for eight years and don't see any reason to change; I travel a lot, and have as good coverage or better than my associate who has Verizon.

I recently purchased the HTC Hero and love it. Yeah, sometimes I would like the sync ability, but for my needs, it has been working with Google Calendar on both. As I looked at the Missing Sync (which I intended to buy), I noticed that it requires both on the same WI-FI network. Hmmm.

3. lefooey macrumors member

iCal and Address Book in Snow Leopard will both natively sync to Google Calendars & Contacts. Thus any phone that can sync to Google can "proxy" sync to your Mac.

4. LittleFin macrumors newbie

Blackberry An Option

On Sprint, any Blackberry is a good option if you want to sync with Address Book. Using Blackberry Desktop for Mac (here) you can select which groups of contacts you want to sync from Address book, or sync them all. You can sync other things too—calendars, iTunes music, etc.

I use it with a Blackberry Tour on Sprint and it works flawlessly (syncs as easy as an iPhone).

5. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

Yes, I synch Google and iCal.

When I considered a new phone in October, I intended to buy the brand new Palm Pre. I handled Palm Pre, Blackberry, and HTC Hero, and the Hero just felt right, the others not so much.

6. steveaus thread starter macrumors newbie

Are you guys using Blackberry, Hero, etc. able to sync wirelessly as with MobileMe?

7. LittleFin macrumors newbie

Not with MobileMe on the Blackberry, but you can sync wirelessly with Google Sync for Blackberry. With Google Sync installed, wireless contact/calendar sync happens pretty much as it does with MobileMe, only with your Google information.

8. BrianJ844 macrumors member

I have an HTC Pro and sync it with my address book and iCal using SyncMate and it works like a charm. I an select which calendar I want to use and who over writes who and everything.

9. OrganMusic macrumors 6502

Hello all, thinking about looking at a Palm Pre when it comes to VZ in a few weeks. One of the reasons I didn't like the Android phones is that a lot gets lost from contacts when the are synced through google -- most notably the ability to have select cards marked as companies and the ability to sort by last name.

Any palm pre users on here with large (400+) contact lists care to comment?