Sprint phones-upgrade avail. in January

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by joedavis34, Dec 25, 2008.

1. joedavis34 macrumors regular

What Sprint phones work best with Mac OS X?

I have MobileMe and I'm pretty sure none of that works with anything but the iPhone.

Any suggestions, people?

2. joedavis34 thread starter macrumors regular

3. joedavis34 thread starter macrumors regular

4. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

The only suggestion would be one of Sprint's Blackberries. They sync with pocketmac, but Sprint offers no support for that product. There isn't much available for macs from Sprint.

5. LinMac macrumors 65816

The phones to have at this point are the iPhone and phones based on Andriod such as the new model from Lenovo (See here) that might make the US shores in 2009.

RIM's Blackberry isn't bad, but after using the G1 and iPhone I don't see how I could go back to using RIM's OS. The G1's hardware leaves a lot to be desired, but that can be fixed with hardware like the hardware from Lenovo.

6. joedavis34 thread starter macrumors regular

7. LinMac macrumors 65816

I've used at&t since it was AT&T Wireless (customer through AT&T Wireless -> Cingular -> at&t) and I can share the sentiment. The network has never been the best and the customer service has never been the best. at&t's 3G footprint is fairly small compared to Sprint (that is moving to 4G now) or Verizon that has 3G even in our town. The reason I stay with at&t is the phone selection.

Sprint and Verizon have always had a fairly sparse phone selection. They have your standard Blackberry models, a few phones from Palm with Palm OS/Windows Mobile, and a couple with Symbian. Where is the new phone based on Linux (think 2006 Linux devices in China or development phones or the recent Android models)? Sprint still hasn't released any plans for it and the models currently available are all GSM so they aren't compatible with any except at&t or T-Mobile.

I can't wait to see a well made Android phone available like the one from Lenovo. I might just buy one to use with my iPhone. :D