Sprint Plan Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MacBook Touch, Oct 19, 2011.

1. MacBook Touch macrumors newbie

Is there some way that I could get to off my sprint plan with my iPhone 4S next summer/fall, pay something, and get an entirely new plan with the iPhone 5? This would just be so that I wouldn't have to buy it whole price and add it onto my plan and ditch my iPhone 4S when the time comes (I think).

And no, I'm not for sure going to buy the iPhone 5, I just don't want to be stuck in a contract when I could have a phone I want.

Thanks in advance.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Why dont you call sprint and have them look at your account details, contract and when you will be eligable and for how much?

3. MacBook Touch thread starter macrumors newbie

@ Applejuiced

1. I don't currently have an account for Sprint.

2. I don't have an iPhone 4S yet.

Thanks, though.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Above you said "is there a way to get off my Sprint plan with my 4S":rolleyes:

5. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

And, since I've used Sprint for years....if you get the 4S and sign a contract, you are in that contract for 2 years, they no longer offer 1 year contracts, or early upgrades, you're upgrade eligible after 20 months.

So, you'd have 2 options, sell the 4S, when the 5 comes out, to help cover the off-contract price, or add a line to your account, get the new phone on it and then discontinue the other line, by paying a prorated ETF.

6. MacBook Touch, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

MacBook Touch thread starter macrumors newbie

@ Applejuiced

I meant that in that I don't have one yet, but I didn't clarify that much. Sorry.