Sprint pre-order - Out of Stock email?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adster, Oct 7, 2011.

1. adster macrumors regular

So did anyone else get this out of stock email? I got it about an hour ago:

I ordered at around 4:30am EST this morning. Odd, since both of those phones show available on Sprint's website as of this posting. The only one showing Sold Out is the 4S 16gb both colors.

I called Sprint (I'm a new customer) and they told me to expect my phone to be shipped withing 3 to 8 business days. WHAT?! I tried to ask more question but they just kept spouting 3 to 8 days over and over. Anyone else get a Sold Out email?

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

It's been posted on the Sprint forums, general consensus is that it was an error generated, because people were preordering and the item isn't actually in stock.

3. applegirl81 macrumors member

I never got one period except how to set up my new account. But I got a 16 black 4gs and it says the 14th or 15th when i track it. So who knows. I won't be waiting, I do know that.

4. rkahl macrumors 65816

5. menist macrumors regular

menist

I order at 12:34am pst and got that email as well. But I talk to a rep and he told me my item was in the warehouse, in the final stages of processing. :confused: dunno what's going on..

6. adster thread starter macrumors regular

I would have loved too, except Apple isn't selling a Sprint phone for new users, just existing users. *shrug*

7. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

It seems like almost no one could order a Sprint iPhone from Apple. Only current customers on a non-family, non-business, non-promotional plan were able to verify eligibility on Apple's site.

8. adster thread starter macrumors regular

I didn't know there was anyone that fit into the "non-family, non-business, non-promotional plan" category? lol

9. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

There are individual plans.

10. adster thread starter macrumors regular

11. EmceeGeek macrumors newbie

EmceeGeek

I havent received it yet. I just got an email earlier saying I needed to call because my pre-order was on hold; I called and everything should be cool now. I got the white 32GB...