Sprint Rant - Charged ETF's after verifying that there wouldn't be any!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mikesus, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Mikesus, Feb 14, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012

Mikesus macrumors 6502

If you recently cancelled due to the change in contract, make SURE you hit them up on chat and get them to verify it.

My account closed completely and lo and behold $666 in ETF's (i knew Sprint was the debil :D)

Called and... "We have no record of waiving the ETF's"

"Really? Will the chat log that you emailed me refresh your memory?"

"wait, oh yeah here it is..." :roll eyes:

Sprint is like that clingy girl that you break up with that just won't let go... Its always one more phone call...

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I see Sprint hasn't changed a bit since I broke up with them in '05 (and then again in '07).

3. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

We decided to stay with Sprint because we didn't want the headache, despite the fact that my last call with them has a multitude of "promises" and "notes" on the account to waive the ETF.

The rep also told me that we WILL be charged the ETF initially, and after the account is closed we'd have to call them and have it waived.

Sounded fishy to me, so I didn't want to take the chance. Still waiting to see what the new bill is, so we'll see the difference in price. I think it's going to be a matter of $2 or $3.

4. Mikesus thread starter macrumors 6502

So the office of Dan Hesse called. Really apologetic but it can take 7 days (was told 2-3 days yesterday) to process the credit. She did acknowledge that they shouldnt have charged it, but I would need to call back if it wasn't processed...

So if Dan the president can't get it taken care of, what chance do I have?

I won't be holding my breath...

5. Mikesus thread starter macrumors 6502

15 phone calls later.

They FINALLY corrected the bill...

The saddest/funniest part was today...

Bill = $666 (contains 1 etf for $350 and 1 etf for $150 totaling $500 before taxes and fees)

rep 1 today. "Ok so I have applied all the credits, and I see that they previously credited the $150 so I won't be able to credit that. Your new bill amount is $270"

So now she can officially say that she is not smarter than a 5th grader!

I did ask her how the bill could be more than $166 as the 2 fees total $500 and she had no clue... :confused:

The good part is 2 calls later I was able to get someone that did pass 5th grade math and realize the error of Rep 1's ways.

Amazingly RIGHT after I fixed this, Executive Account Services calls and states that they have reviewed my account and everything is now taken care of...

how nice of them...

Friends don't let Friends use Sprint...

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Sprint would be on the bottom of my list! I will stick to ATT but if I switched, it would be for Verizon

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What a nightmare.
    Cant stand shady companies like that and Sprint is well known for years for their bad practices.
    Im glad you had those chat logs cause if you didnt good luck. Its your word against theirs and then you'd be stuck paying the ETF or have a collection agency after you.

8. Mikesus thread starter macrumors 6502

Trust, but verify. :D

Unfortunately the work ethic these days is "I just go there for my check" and folks don't have pride in what they do.

9. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

This talk of Sprint being bad can't be possible....The majority of this board thinks only AT&T has issues...

10. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Glad to here op was able to finily get somwhere. Sprint is horrible for customer service but I have stayed with them for the unlimited data , and speeds are ok where I live. But next iPhone I will be switching to AT&T.