Sprint scam !!!! HELP please !!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fonz500, Oct 19, 2007.

1. fonz500 macrumors member

So my Sprint account online and the automated customer service says that my Sprint contract ends 12/24. I am on a plan with my g-friend and we called the customer service people at Sprint tonight to make sure they get our account cancelled so we can switch to ATT in December. Here's how the call went......

1) Waited on hold for 22 minutes
    2) Told them we wanted to cancel
    3) Offered us everything in the book to stay with Sprint (12 minutes of this)
    4) Said "No, we want to cancel !!!!", then they had to transfer me
    5) Another rep comes on and offers us 3 months free and then tells me "I am showing that your contract isn't up until 11/4/08"
    6) That is wrong I said......Argued with him and he said we must have changed something in our contract. I asked him what was changed 3 times and never got an answer. I finally agreed to the 3 months free (was on the phone for 42 minutes) and am planning to go to Sprint and ATT tomorrow.

I want to cancel with Sprint ASAP !!!!!!! Can ATT help me with this or what can I do to avoid the $200 cancellation fee for both my sprint lines??????

Help would be appreciated from anyone.....especially people that have worked at Sprint or ATT.

Thanks in advance

2. jeffmc macrumors 6502

ATT can't do anything for you.
    while activating the iphone it can cancel your sprint plan automatically so you don't even have to deal with sprint.

there's no way to avoid an early termination fee unless spring has changed the terms of your agreed upon contract (IE change of rates or services).

if they have made a change you can get out of the contract without the $200 fee.

either way, if you call them and say i'm canceling my plan they have to cancel it. no question.

3. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Ask them for a signed copy of your contract. This will do one of two things:

1) Confirm your contract end date (2007 or 2008)
    2) If they CANNOT furnish it, instant out of the contract. After all, no contract is NO CONTRACT!

4. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Dude- I jujst saw this- DID YOU AGREE TO 3 MONTHS??????

If so, they gotcha for 2 more years from TODAY!

5. fonz500 thread starter macrumors member

When I talked to a rep at ATT the other day (when I though I only had 2 months left of Sprint) the guy said they could only help get me out of my contract if it was further than 6 months away from expiring. Is this possible. I know that some companies will pay for you to switch to them. Has ATT done this for anyone else?????

Will they have to provide me with a signed copy of my contract????? How would they get that???? They would probably tell me that it would take 12 weeks to get that.

there's no way to avoid an early termination fee unless spring has changed the terms of your agreed upon contract (IE change of rates or services).

if they have made a change you can get out of the contract without the $200 fee.

What was meant by this??? Companies send out those "change of terms: things sometimes but that can't restart my contract, right????

Plus here is the kicker..... When I go online to check my Sprint Account it says exactly this:

Sprint Subscriber Agreement:

Expires 12/24/2007

Sprint Subscriber Agreement:

Expires 12/24/2007

For details dial *2 from your phone or call 800-SPRINT1.

Now how can they say this is not when my contract is up???? I copied and pasted this from my online account!!!!!!

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Sprint was the worse...

and they double-billed us several times and it took them 60-90 days to credit our account. I still have the same number that I had in 1994 when I first signed up with Sprint, by explaining to them "I know I've got one year left on my contract, but I'm moving to the Island of Kauai in Hawaii and your service coverage doesn't work at the address of my Uncle's house, so what can you do for me?" They allowed me to go with Cingular/AT&T after being with Sprint for almost ten years, and no early termination fees! :cool:

7. Geffen macrumors 6502

Why would you agree to the 3 months free after being on the phone with them so long, why not just hang up the phone ? Sounds like they forced you into signing another contract with them. you may have to pay a $200 cancellation fee to get out of it.

8. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I moved my number from Sprint to AT&T when i bought my iPhone. Basically I called Sprint asked when my contract was fulfilled, they told me my contract was already fulfilled, I moved my number to AT&T through the iTunes activation and i never heard from it again. Sprint automatically cancelled my account when i moved the number. I'm not sure what numbers you pressed, but this took me no more than 10 minutes to confirm, the iTunes activation and number xfer took longer, and that was only 15 minutes.

Ed

9. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

even if he agreed to the 3 months by your logic you have to sign. He never signed so why would that matter? Im just confused.

10. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

You don't have to sign anything.

11. titof macrumors newbie

no he doesnt.

common way over here i that you gotta chancel your contract !WRITTEN! until 3 month before experation or it will extend for 12 month automatically.

not sure bout the us.

anyway, he got himself a new contract by accepting free 3 month on the phone.

it is beein recorded and usually as worthy for the company as a written extension

12. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Agreed. By agreeing to that you just re-upped your contract for 2 more years.

13. fonz500 thread starter macrumors member

First of all I didn't agree to anything. The man just said that b/c of my inconvenience (we had issues in the store) that he was going to credit my account for the next three months so my bill would be paid.

Even with my FREE Sprint bill for the next 3 months I still want out of my Sprint contract.

Is is possible that ATT will help me get out of my Srint contract?????? THis is the main question I have now. Sprint can go "$%#@" themselves right now. I just want to know if ATT will give me extra discounts or maybe credit my first few bills to move my service to them???? Has ATT done this for anyone else???

Thanks for all the input..... I REALLY HATE Sprint right now. I can't get a straight answer from them on just when my contract expires......How hard is it, you just look at the computer and read..... And I've gotten 3 different answers.

14. Cleverboy macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    FONZ500, did you clarify with them that the 3 months of free service didn't somehow extend your contract further? This is definitely an important point, but I disagree that this would automatically be the case. I've gotten free months of service without ANY effect on the length of my contract before. It's if they offer you a free UPGRADE to your service plan (like moving you from 500 to 700 minutes at the same monthly cost) that people need to recongize that they just extended their contract.

~ CB

15. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

Sprint sucks

They seem to havea way of keeping people with them through misrepresentation. My wife and I have sprint and had two phones with them. One was mine and one was hers. We had bought our phones at two different times and when mine was up, I switched over to ATT and got an Iphone. We got a call from sprint who wanted to charge an early termination fee for my phone. We argued with them that my phone contract was up, but we found out when my wife redid her phone, they included mine on it as well. She didnt realize this at the time and signed the contract because it never crossed her mind that a cell phone company would even think of doing such a thing. They basically renewed both our phones on the spot without even offering me a new phone, just her. So now we are stuck with this contract. I stayed with ATT and she basically has two phones on her plan. In all fairness to Sprint, she is not the brightest bulb in the bunch, so lesson learned. Next time I'll take care of everything. Either way, Sprint totally took advantage of the situation and definitely didnt behave ethically.

16. Geffen macrumors 6502

I think even though you have the next 3 months free on your Sprint account you are still in their contract until it expires in December if you cancel before december you most likely will be charged the $200 or whatever their cancelation fee is even though they are giving you three months free.