Sprint speeds going back to normal of not better?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jongo1, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Jongo1 macrumors regular

Besides the slow speeds at my house but actually better then before. I took a drive and speed tested a lot I actually got up to 1.7mbps which I've never got that high on any 3G I've used with them and I was getting in the 1 Mbps range a lot. I'm averaging around 700kpbs now up from about 100kbps. Anyone notice any changes today? Hopefully this wasn't a rare occurance today.

How do u edit the title name I ment if not better

2. docgerrard macrumors 6502

I thought speeds were getting better but they are the same in my house..

I am almost always near wifi and browsing/pandora work perfectly fine, its just the app store and videos that suck.

i only care bc i want to get my unlimited moneys worth, which is dumb. otherwise i would be around wifi so often that i could probably get by with way less than 500mb of data a month

3. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

It's still complete **** all around the Seattle area. In fact I was roaming RIGHT NEXT to a Sprint store (WTF?!). Anyways we are keeping our plans due to the deal we got which is $180 unlimited everything per month on 4 lines (all iPhone 4S) - which is pretty amazing considering when we had this on AT&T it was $240.

I don't mind it too much since we are all moving to LTE next year.

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm confused. Only $60 less and you have poor speed, a two year contract with a non-LTE phone, planning on buying new LTE phones next year when Sprint is planning a limited LTE rollout by mid-2012? I must be missing something.

5. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Yes I should have been more clear.

I am on a family plan with my girlfriend and Sprint has a couple good benefits.

-Her dad can't get signal at his work with AT&T but he does with Sprint.

-$60/month is 25% off our bill which is $720 a year or $1440 for the contracted period. This is not an insignificant amount.

-I am in NY and AT&T , while fast, it's also non-existent at times (even when it shows 4-5 bars and 3G) - their network just can't handle it.

-Next year the iPhone will be LTE (I can't imagine them going another year without it after this 4S). We upgrade our phones every year so we will be getting the iphone 4G (NY is guarantee to be one of the first Sprint LTE market) so that solves the speed problem.

-I'm the only one who really wants fast Internet but reality of it is that I only need 3G to make sure I answer my emails on time and get social media stuff done and neither requires blazing fast Internet.

S with that in mind I'm willing to put up with them their bs for another year.

6. HBGFrank macrumors newbie

Sprint Iphone 4S Data Speeds

Just got my Sprint iphone 4S today. It is my first Apple product and after a day of syncing, testing, etc. I must say I really like it. I was on a phone using Andoird 1.2 for over 1 1/2 years. It worked fine for about 6 months and then the problems started. I was really on the fence between the iphone 4S and the GS2 Epic 4G touch. My decision came down to reliability. I know quite a few people still using 3GS's from 08-09... i didnt know anyone with an android phone as old as mine.
    I am still a little worried about data speeds, after everthing I've read the horror stories online and I have been testing them all day. (central pa) I have been getting anywhere from .20 mbps to 1.2 mbps. Most of the time it is around .2 or .3 though. This speed is WAY slow i know but, I'm wondering if the speed test isnt working correctly because the browser has NO problems and downloads almost any website I go to quite fast. I can stream video, download apps, etc.
    I have already made up my mind that if this phone cant provide the speeds I will give it right back and get the SG2 Epic 4G.
    waht kinds of speeds are people getting on Sprint?

7. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

I'm uploading a video to Youtube with some speed comparisons...you might want to check it out :/

8. docgerrard macrumors 6502

you can download apps fine?

it takes an unreasonable amount of time for me to download an app. videos are also slow. websites and pandora work fine though

9. HBGFrank macrumors newbie

Do you have a link?

----------

Well, not sure what we're calling fine. I downloaded 3 at a time and it took about 2 minutes to complete all 3.
    I came from Tmobile and it was bad...real bad. I couldnt play video, I couldnt even get online at the same location i was at when downloading these apps.

10. teamjaycub macrumors 6502

11. HBGFrank macrumors newbie

3.5 would be GREAT. the .09 on the other hand, lol. I would really like to see a SG2 right next to my iphone 4S running the same spped test on the same network. At the Sprint store the SG2 pulled 14mbos!!! (yes 4G but, the phone has it and the service is available here)
    I am really digging the whole itunes deal too though. I love how everything works together.
    Maybe ill have to push Sprint to provide me with a signal booster or something.

12. mpossoff macrumors 68020

We have 4 lines with AT&T all with unlimited data and unlimited text. We have 700 minute plan and alist. What we did was put each of our google voice numbers in our alist. This means we have unlimited caliing too. We use the GV connect app. With mobile to ANY mobile it works out great. We only use the GV connect app to make outgoing calls. Our bill is $195.

13. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I thought the alist had been done away with? Even if you have it it isn't an option for new customers.

14. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

very well put, hopefully people bitching too much about Sprint should opt for AT&T and be happy with it. This will help other S users get better performance - good riddance.