Sprint speeds HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jongo1, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Jongo1 macrumors regular

I posted this in numerous sprint threads but got no direct help.

First off I live in Orlando and I don't think I ever averaged 1mbps on 3G I could only get around 2mbps on 4g anyway the problem I'm having here is that my roommates Evo(gave him mine) is getting around 800kbps on average on 3G. However my iPhone 4s sitting right next to him on the same server is getting around 100kbps on average. so it has to be something with the iPhone maybe sprint is lowering it's speeds. Or maybe my **** is messed up I chatted with sprint and they refreshed my network which did absolutely nothing. I feel my Evo is faster on my roommates service because he was getting 4g speeds of 5mbps and I could never get my Evo that high. But I never got speeds as slow as the iPhone sometimes I'm averaging 10-50kbps. I feel like sprint is throttling the iphone speeds or some reason my speeds arent upto par with other sprint users like my roommate. Anyone live in orlando on sprint with iphone that can tell me there speeds im near ucf and i was downtown last night and speeds were even worse.

Another question if anyone could address does anyone know if assurion covers iphones for sprint now? My insurance usually travels from phone to phone when i upgrade so i better not be paying insurance if it doesnt cover it

2. aneftp macrumors 601

I live in lake Mary.

Anyways woman I recommend iphone to. She has Sprint and lives in Winter Park. Speeds are ok. She downloaded speedtest and got around 500kbs at her home.

She was downtown church street area last night and said sprint iphone was barely usable. Maybe congestion? Maybe the take back wall street protesters with increase traffic demands?

I have AT&T and speeds with AT&T have always been super fast 3-5mbs routinely unless around typical tourist traps like I drive or Disney. Where the iphone on AT&T is barely usable

3. Jongo1 thread starter macrumors regular

yea i was on church street and was unusable well this sucks. its got to be something there doing to the iphone if my evo is running higher speeds right next to me.