Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thetexan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 11, 2009
Sprint today added a feature free for all customers on the Everything Data plans (required for all Pre phones, starting at $69.99) that allows unlimited calls to anybody with a cell phone regardless of what carrier they are on. This is great for me since I have the 450 minute plan I have not gone over but come close a few times.

http://anymobile.sprint.com/

I don't mean to make this another Pre/iPhone thread. Honestly, I admit the iPhone is the better phone though only slightly. To me it's all a cost/benefit ratio and for what I pay per month I just can't go wrong. I wish the iPhone would come out on Sprint!

I'll summarize my plan here so you can compare it to your AT&T plan:

-$69.99 - 25% discount (everyone can get discount with a little work) = $52.50 per month
-450 anytime minutes / unlimited nights/weekends
-Nights start @ 7pm
-Unlimited data
-Unlimited text
-Free Navigation (same that AT&T uses)
-NFL/Sprint TV/ Sprint Radio and something about Nascar
-Now unlimited calls to anyone with a cell phone.
-Free roaming. If for whatever reason I don't have Sprint coverage I use Verizon's towers. Basically I have Verizon quality coverage for Sprint prices. Though the unlimited calling to cell phones won't work while roaming I never roam.

All this talk about Verizon being the next carrier of choice for Apple, I think it should be Sprint.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
Problem with sprint is they have very limited network coverage. AT&T and Verizon cost more (to much in my opinion) but also for the most part very good nation wide coverage.

I personally would love to see sprint pricing put pressure on AT&T and Verizon to do huge drop in their prices to be more competitive.

Correct that I do want the iPhone to go to sprint for no other reason that to force AT&T and Verizon to drop there prices because it would be about the only way they could complete.

As for cell companies I personally like Sprint and AT&T. I do not like T-Mobile and Verizon.

T-Mobile for really crappy coverage where I live, Verizon because used to have the most underhanded crap in there contracts and still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Currently I am on AT&T and pretty happy with them.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

That is pretty sweet. though for what it's worth, AT&T customers above certain minute threshholds are about to get unlimited free calling to any 5 numbers. It won't work for people in the 450 min plan, but pretty cool nonetheless.

You'll notice, though, that none of these companies are lowering their minimum plan costs - they're just providing more minutes/free calls, which is of marginal use to many people.

john0879

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2009
I don't mean to make this another Pre/iPhone thread. Honestly, I admit the iPhone is the better phone though only slightly. To me it's all a cost/benefit ratio and for what I pay per month I just can't go wrong. I wish the iPhone would come out on Sprint!

All this talk about Verizon being the next carrier of choice for Apple, I think it should be Sprint.

This is good news for my wife. I just recently left Sprint.

The only reason I left Sprint was for the iPhone. For all the complaining I hear about Sprint, I had their service for 8-9 years and never had a problem. Coverage was great. Much better that Verizon where ever I have been and better than my current AT&T coverage. They just didn't have a smart phone that could keep me there. The HTC Hero is the most promising announcement I've seen from them, but it's not going to be an "iPhone killer."

While I do think that Sprint is much better than a lot of people think, I don't think they'll ever get the iPhone with their current network strategy.

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
This is good news for my wife. I just recently left Sprint.

The only reason I left Sprint was for the iPhone. For all the complaining I hear about Sprint, I had their service for 8-9 years and never had a problem. Coverage was great. Much better that Verizon where ever I have been and better than my current AT&T coverage. They just didn't have a smart phone that could keep me there. The HTC Hero is the most promising announcement I've seen from them, but it's not going to be an "iPhone killer."

While I do think that Sprint is much better than a lot of people think, I'd don't think they'll ever get the iPhone with their current network strategy.

Same here. I will personally be switching back to Sprint as soon as I "grow out of" my iPhone and want to settle down to something a little simpler like a blackberry.

ob81

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2007
Virginia Beach
The only problem that I have ever had with sprint is that they didn't have the iPhone on it. I had them before I bought the iPhone, and hated leaving that simply everything plan.
Now I am getting nickled and dimed by at&t for texting and navigation.

rtc4lyfee

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2009
Same here. I will personally be switching back to Sprint as soon as I "grow out of" my iPhone and want to settle down to something a little simpler like a blackberry.

Simpler...then an iPhone??? A BlackBerry??? That is one of the most confusing statements I've ever seen and it was confusing enough just for me to register and comment on it. Have fun with daily battery pulls, random freeze ups and program exception errors.... and a zillion settings that make you think wow.... why do I need all of this junk...

Had a Storm, and a Pearl and dropped em and will never look back after getting an iPhone. My ONLY compliant after upgrading to 3.1 is that the camera needs a "hard button" to shoot pictures. It's hard to take pictures of you and a friend without being able to hit a hard button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.