Sprint Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by wvanderark, Sep 18, 2013.

1. wvanderark macrumors member

Hey! Quick question...

I am planning on buying the 5S soon, and am wondering if you could help me solve this upgrade question?

My brother and I are together on the same account, he is eligible for an upgrade, but I am not until early next year. (He is ok with it, so no worries!) If I order the 5S online through his phone number, and then when the phone arrives swap the phone to my number. Will my upgrade (early next year) be given to him, or will his reset?

Or, is there anyway to switch upgrades through Sprint before even buying the phone?

Sorry if this is confusing, but I would appreciate you help. Thanks!

2. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

On AT&T he can give the upgrade to you and you still get the new upgrade next year as well. Your brother is signing a new 2 year contract for getting the 5s. That has nothing to do with you. Next September when the new iphone 6 comes out then you can get that phone as well for $200. He is **** out of luck unless you then give him your old iphone.

My friends do this with their girlfriends all the time on At&T and Verizon. Tho be warned that At&t charges 36 bucks per activation. If you have a 5 and are switching with him for a 5s think you have to pay 72 on top of the $200+ for the phone.

Not sure about Sprint or Tmobile but sure they are along the same line

3. wvanderark thread starter macrumors member

Ok, so what will happen to the 'early next year' upgrade when we swap the phones?

4. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

nothing it's still yours !!! When he gets a new early upgrade he uses his and he has to wait 2 more years for a new phone. You still have an early upgrade for next year.