Sprint Upgrading Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neodude237, Oct 6, 2011.

1. neodude237 macrumors member

So I'm a current AT&T customer and am considering jumping ship over to Sprint. I'm also one of those people who enjoys upgrading their iPhone once a year. I know AT&Ts current upgrade policies ($199 when you qualify; $450 early), but how does Sprint do this? If I want to say, upgrade to the 5 in a year (or whenever it comes out), will I be required to pay the full price of the phone at $650, or will it be similar to AT&T and be $450? This is more or less my deciding factor since they would be about the same bill-wise month to month.

2. tacload macrumors member

Full price, period. There is a lot of angry customers right now with Sprint because 10+ year subs used to get upgrades every 12 months. They yanked that last month in preparation for the iphone (along with a lot of other stuff). And they will charge you a full $36 for activation every time no matter how you get your new phone (retail, online, etc.). That changed, too.

3. neodude237 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, looks like I will not be moving then.

4. tacload macrumors member

I'm actually thinking of moving away from them. If I knew for sure that I could stay under 2GB, I'd move in a second. However, my wife and I combine for no more than 800MB per month on a Palm Pre and an HTC EVO... unless icloud or Siri really sucks up a lot of data, I think we should be golden.