Sprint vs. AT&T iPhone Plan Costs?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by borekk, Oct 4, 2011.

1. borekk macrumors newbie

Is there any information regarding costs on having a Sprint iPhone 4S versus an AT&T one? I'm currently on AT&T, but would be curious about switching to Sprint (used to have them years ago...only switched to get the iPhone to begin with). I would be curious to see the comparison between the two carriers (specifically, doing a 2-line family plan on each one), but I'm not sure if that information is even available yet.

2. echaos1210 macrumors member

Ditto I was with Sprint until the iPhone came out and now Im unsure if I should jump ship.....The thought of no date while talking has me on this side (AT&T) of the fence, also due to the fact that an AT&T iphone holds greater resal value because of T-Mobile Users but now that its a World Phone has me wanting to jump the fence.......ugh what a dilemma

3. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

I spoke to a Sprint employee today, he told me it was going to be the same price as the plans currently are: $69 a month for 450 mins and unlimited data and texting plus $10 for having a smart phone. So $79 total. ATT is $40 for 450 minutes, $25 for 2gb and $20 for unlimited texting, so $85 total. On top of that, ATT gives me 15% off data and minutes because of my school, while Sprint gives me 18% off the entire cost.

I don't know family plans so sorry I can't help you there.

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Considering the iphone effect on data, Sprint'll probably stop offering unlimited data after a while. However, sprint users might get lucky.

5. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Going from T-Mobile with 1000 minutes, free nights/weekends, 400 texts, and unlimited EDGE for $52/month - this is all going to be hard to swallow...

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You do get faster browsing speeds. Granted, you can't talk and surf at the same time, but you couldn't do that with edge either.