Sprint Wrong Shipping Address!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iThink Apple, Oct 11, 2011.

1. iThink Apple macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

So Sprint have shipped my iPhone's to an Address that doesn't exist!!! :mad::mad::mad: I called them and it seems there nothing they can do....:mad::mad:

2. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Who is the shipper? Contact them and let them know.

3. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

I did already contacted Sprint and they said ohhh were going to try blah blah blah.....:mad::mad::mad:

4. JGruber macrumors 6502

Who ever is shipping your order (UPS or FedEX), call them, and you can change the address.

5. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

I called UPS and they said they can't....Maybe because they don't have the package in their hands yet only the billing info.....

6. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

So what do you mean by wrong address ?
    Also shippments are signed for ! After that you can claim !

7. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

They ship to the address YOU gave them... Soooooo thats on you .

8. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

They wouldn't be able to change the address until after the 1st delivery attempt. Prior to them the shipper would have to change it and I would be on Sprint to make this happen. Blessings to the OP on getting this done.

9. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

Uhhhh no they mixed my Billing Address and Shipping Address Together.....

10. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

So your billing address is an address that doesn't exist?

11. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

Yes it does the Billing and Shipping are different addresses and they put the City and APT# of the shipping with the billing one..

12. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

They still haven't changed my Address......I hope by tomorrow morning.....

13. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

Is it possible you could ask the courier to forward it your address? Most likely, they will return it, and you will get it back eventually.

14. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

As of right now the only thing i can do and wait and hope that Sprint can change the address.....

15. powerbuddy macrumors 6502

Yeah the sender can do that too. Good luck with the whole process! I remember I had to cancel my verizon order and place a new one because verizon decided to omit my apt number.

16. emaja macrumors 68000

After you have the tracking number, you can call the carrier and have an adjustment made. I've done it before.

17. brazil5376 macrumors member

everything is automated nowadays. I doubt they have someone entering each shipping address for every order. Looks like you're the one that got mixed up when you checked out and entered the information.

18. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

Not i didnt i had them repeat the address 3 times and it was the right one......so now theyve change my address but to some guy in Virginia.....REALLY SPRINT!!!!! So upset at Sprint :mad::mad::mad:

19. brazil5376 macrumors member

didn't know you did it over the phone....sucks

20. iThink Apple thread starter macrumors 6502

iThink Apple

As of this morning the address still hasnt changed......i dont know what to do.....

21. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Sounds like someone is gonna get a sweet new iPhone 4s! Oh, and it's not you.......;)

22. jamesvtattoo macrumors newbie

Wrong Address...

Actually, Before hitting submit, I double checked that my all of my billing and shipping info was correct (it was)... I clicked submit. I received my order conf. # and immediately went to the order update page. While on there I saw that it was all wrong. I called sprint and I was advised that since I was on some type of spending allowance program... out of a precaution, their system "Defaulted to (my) old shipping address."

23. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I had that happen with amazon.com and a 640GB hard drive. I called the FEDEX office and they made the correction and notified the driver of the mishap and the driver delivered it about an hour later than the original delivery time. Make sure you have the tracking number and the dispatcher can reroute the package...(At least that's what they did for me)

24. poemteegra macrumors newbie

Welcome to my world. I've been dealing with this since pre-ordering last week.

Basically, they will not ship to anything other than the billing address of the Sprint account (not even the billing address of the CC). My first call was to Sprint ~6 hours after my pre-order. Spent one hour on hold, they informed me that there is no possible way for them to change the address, at all. Period. She was very clear about it too. However, she did say that the alternative that they've been advising people to do was wait until UPS had a tracking number. At that point, they (Sprint) could direct them to hold it at a local UPS facility, where you could show them your ID and pick-up the phone. They said that I could call UPS directly, once I received the tracking number to avoid calling Sprint again.

Disappointed, I sent Sprint an e-mail on Friday giving them my two cents about how ludicrous their policy was. And how anyone that pre-ordered from AT&T and Apple can easily ship to a different address or even change their shipping address.

I believe on Monday my order received a tracking number. I called UPS, after about 2 minutes on hold, they said they could not change the shipping address or divert the shipment to a UPS facility. That request could only come from Sprint. Reason being, Sprint and UPS have an agreement that only the sender (Sprint) can change the address. The UPS rep also stated that it should be well within Sprint's ability to change the address easily, since they have not even picked up the package yet. They even offered to do a 3-way call with Sprint. (How's that for customer service?)

Called Sprint back directly after that call. After about 45 minutes on hold, they said that since the package now has a tracking number (and hence a shipping label), they could do nothing for me. Which is about the complete opposite of what the Sprint rep said to me on my first call. Argued with them for about another 20 minutes about them telling me directly contradicting directions. Eventually got to the supervisor and got disconnected. I figured I was just SOL, and resigned to have a family member (at my old address) send the phone to me after signing for it.

Come yesterday, I get a reply to the e-mail I sent on Friday. It says they could change the address, but there is no guarantee that it will be changed in time. Of course, I change the address hoping that it will go through in time. Most helpful & quick interaction with Sprint yet.

Come today, I see my package has gone from "Your phone is sitting in a warehouse, etc etc" to "Your order will need to be processed manually, we will contact you if there are any problems". I call them again today, to see what that means. They say that there is no problem, and it was just processed manually because of a glitch in their system that created duplicate orders. I ask about my address. They said that there is no way for them to see what address it's going to, and if somebody did change it - it would take up to 72 hours.

Current status on the UPS website says they still have not picked up the order, and it's going to my old address. I'm still hoping it will go to my new one, but at this point it's anybodies guess.

Fin.

25. blahbrah macrumors 6502

More or less this was my exact experience, but I just gave up after I got condescended to by a girl likely reading a magazine while talking to me.