Sprint's pretty close to losing me as a customer

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 2mur, Oct 7, 2011.

1. 2mur macrumors newbie

I was going to leave this fall for AT&T for an iphone anyways. I currently have an android phone which is alright, but it is no iphone :D And I've never really been happy with their customer support.

I decided to stay with Sprint because I have a decent plan with them and unlimited data with okay reception most places.

So I go to apple.com to order... "Your account type is not supported". Whatever. I guess they don't have the bugs worked out. I have a personal plan not business so that shouldn't be happening.

I go to sprint.com and get all the way through to checkout and input all the correct information. Click 'proceed with checkout' and it errors out that I've inputted an incorrect credit card number. Try it a few more times, (credit card is fine btw, I use it for everything online, not expired, etc.) and nada. Wait 15 minutes on hold to get to CS who cannot help me pre-order because it is online only...

So I'm ready to leave.

Anybody know what AT&T offers for a military discount?

2. johnparjr macrumors 6502a

johnparjr

Looks like standard pre order night problems it's not that big of a deal try again

3. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

I have sprint, it took me an HR this morn to get it done but I got my order placed. Think about it, millions of people all trying to order the same device on sprint and apple's sites. Of course there will be issues. It's not either company's fault, they want your money just as much as you want to give it to them.

4. YaBoiD macrumors regular

YaBoiD

AT&T Wireless offers a 19% discount on cell phone service to anyone with a .mil e-mail address.
    http://military.plainfacts.net/military-discounts/military-cell-phone-discounts/

5. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

I have waited for 2+ years for Sprint to have the iPhone...and after 2-3 alarms and attempts over the night, with a similar issue as you...wrong plan...I called CS at 6:01 this morning and it is done.

Not sure about military, but there is a corporate discount. I would call Sprint and get in touch with retention and ask for the corporate discount (27%). The discount is why I was stuck to Sprint for so long. I was only paying $80 (incl tax), for family plan, unlimited internet, on an older legacy Palm Centro that didn't get the Smart Phone fee slapped on it. But, with the discount, and plans to drop the 3g data on my iPad, my total out of pocket expense will be about the same as it has been, but I am picking up unlimited Mobile to Mobile, and a new lease on unlimited data.

So, I am pretty excited today! No leaving sprint for 2 years now.

6. devilstrider macrumors 6502a

The OP sounds like he's a cry baby. Sprints CS is great and it never let me down. This is the standard preorder bottleneck that happens with every iPhone release. So if you can't deal with it now get ready to leave AT&T when you want the iPhone 5 because the samethinf will happen. I'm in the military and you are acting like a spoiled brat.

7. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

You're going to leave Sprint because the ordering system for the best-selling smartphone in the world was down in the few hours after orders opened? That's hilarious.

If you couldn't tell from the hundreds of posts on this forum, it's not just Sprint.

8. Joybulb macrumors regular

Joybulb

I'm rocking a centro right now too. Just one more week until iPhone goodness

9. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I miss the data on my iPad, which i dropped in July when I got my iPhone. I'd much rather have a dataless iPhone and my iPad if could. In fact I leave my iPad at home a lot now because of it.

Anyway, just thought I'd say that. I think we talked on the topic way back when! LOL!

10. Bmuse21 macrumors newbie

I got the same thing today once Sprint's site was back up -- error, invalid credit card number. Then a couple minutes later, my credit card's fraud dept contacted me to ask about the charge attempt. They'd flagged it and denied the charge -- but Sprint's site returned the "invalid number" error.

Once I comfirmed it, I tried again and it went through right away.

11. btrav13 macrumors 6502

Double pwn'd! :eek:

12. rkahl macrumors 65816

I'm taking my ball and going home!

I'm a big cwy baby!
    -Stephnie Weir