Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trey5498

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
I am currently attempting to complete a school project that uses SpriteKit. Since we are not given much time we were asked to create or modify the existing one from the book (Archer hitting balloons). I have successfully created a score hud display and I want to add the balls left to drop.

Here is what is in the book,

Code:
SKAction *releaseBalls = [SKAction sequence:@[[SKAction performSelector:@selector(createBallNode) onTarget:self], [SKAction waitForDuration:1]]];

[self runAction: [SKAction repeatAction:releaseBalls count:self.ballCount] completion:^{
        [self gameOver];
    }];

What I am trying:

Code:
_ballsLeft = 40;
while (_ballsLeft <0)
{
     [self runAction:releaseBalls completion:^{
        [self gameOver];
    }];
    _ballsLeft--;
    _ballsLeftLabel.text = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"Balls Left: %04d", _ballLeft];
}

I am sure there is a better way to accomplish this, especially since mine does update or drop any balls.

Can anyone help?

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
What I am trying:
Code:
[COLOR="Red"]_ballsLeft = 40;
while (_ballsLeft <0)
[/COLOR]{
     [self runAction:releaseBalls completion:^{
        [self gameOver];
    }];
    _ballsLeft--;
    _ballsLeftLabel.text = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"Balls Left: %04d", _ballLeft];
}

I am sure there is a better way to accomplish this, especially since mine does update or drop any balls.

Can anyone help?

Think very carefully about what the red-hilited statements mean. Pay particular attention to the condition of the 'while'. Step through it using pencil and paper if necessary.

trey5498

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Think very carefully about what the red-hilited statements mean. Pay particular attention to the condition of the 'while'. Step through it using pencil and paper if necessary.

Sorry that was a typo supposed to be while (_ballsLeft > 0).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.