Spyder3Elite Profile for Aluminum Unibody MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by zengravy, Nov 20, 2008.

1. zengravy macrumors newbie

zengravy

I tried most of the profiles on this forum and none seemed to look, well... right ;) I broke down and bought the Spyder3Elite and gave it a go. My display is a 9C8C. I think this one looks really great compared to the factory profile.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. zengravy thread starter macrumors newbie

zengravy

Yes, but that one gave my 9C8C a bit too much cyan. It also performed poorly on gradients, most notably with the cloud of space dust on the lower right of the default desktop picture.

3. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Actually, you did a pretty good job at this calibration. I was originally using "JC display" by a member named pstube, but theirs is a little on the dark side. Yours is slightly brighter.

Good work and thanks!

4. zengravy thread starter macrumors newbie

zengravy

Thanks! I tried the JC profile as well and it was a bit dark. But the main problem with all of the profiles I tried from the board was the cyan cast. They all just seemed a bit bluish or greenish. That's what prompted me to just pony up for the Spyder3Elite.

I have to say, the process was amazingly simple. In about 20 minutes, I had a working profile. I calibrated three times but could distinguish no differences between the attempts.

I like this one because it gives a warmer cast to the white without being too red. There is another profile out there that is simply way too warm, at least on my display. The warm white looks best, especially when combined with a 2.2 gamma.

5. kabunaru Guest

The profile I linked to is best for my white MacBook Core Duo screen. Yours gives a red tint on my screen while the one I linked too has no tint on my screen and whites look as white as they can be and same for blacks. Thanks for the profile though. I always like to compare between many profiles and right now the one I like best is the one I linked to. :)

6. TxMacAddict macrumors 6502

I'm still using that profile and I'm very happy with it!

7. panzaman macrumors member

this is the profile I have been using since I bought my mac, on my screen is the only one that renders the colors at its best and enough detail in dark areas.

Attached Files: