Spying a Windows Computer

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Chain.p, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Chain.p macrumors newbie

Chain.p

My parents asked me to spy, or at least keep an eye on, my sister.
    The reason is personal, but is there anyway to check what my sister is doing and what is going on on her screen. Is there an application that will allow me to look at her screen from my screen. :confused::confused:

I am using a MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.6.2, and my sister's laptop is running Windows XP.
    I have access to her laptop, and we both are on the same wireless network.

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

3. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Except that his sister need to be complicit in the contact, which I think is not the intent here.

4. Chain.p thread starter macrumors newbie

Chain.p

When using Remote Desktop Connection, the Windows computer will go to Stand By mode. I want to be able to do this without she knowing.

Like I can control my other Mac's computer by just creating an dministrator account, then I just go to my MacBook and open "Screen Sharing" app or click "share screen" on the Shared tab in finder, key in the ip address, and I can control it without my other computer going into stand by mode.

You know what i mean?

There is no share screen option when clicking on a windows computer in the same network.

5. Queso macrumors G4

If your parents do not trust your sister about something she is doing online they should move her computer to a common area of the house where they can keep an eye on her. Asking you to get involved by eavesdropping is simply not right.

6. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I do. Investigate the use of a VNC product then.

7. Arrandale macrumors regular

i don't know if this software is still being continued, but when i was getting into activity monitoring on windows, we used something called 'perfect keylogger'

you should be able to install it easily on your sis's laptop - although beware, it is easily detected by virus scanners

8. Depercision macrumors newbie

You could also go really hi tech and hide a video camera near the computer...lol

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

I thought that logs out the current user?