Spying on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Primejimbo, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I am trying to make sure a loved one doesn't get spyware on their iPhone (long story), so I am trying to see if anyone can install spayware on someones phone without jailbreaking? From what I can see, it's not possible unless the phone is jailbroken, but I saw this:

http://cell-spy-stealth.com/

This doesn't seem legit, but I want to make sure

thanks!!!

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Does the person you suspect to be spying ever have possession of the phone you are worried about. If not, I would say no need to worry.

3. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

That name of that link seems really sketchy lol.

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Not possible jailbroken either, unless someone physically has the device and you have deliberately installed a specific tweak without changing the passwords.

Jailbreaking is not something that immediately throws your device wide open to every person with internet access and half a brain. Despite what some people may claim.

Just saying.

5. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

Thanks everyone!!!

She has an Android now and was asking me about how secured an iPhone is.

I use @outlook as my apple ID, and I get an email every time I log into iCloud.com from a web bowers. This email goes to my @Outlook address even though I do have an @me/@iCloud email. If she uses an @iCloud email address for her Apple ID, does this still do the same? Will she get an email sent to her iCloud (Apple ID) when she or someone signs into iCloud.com?

Thanks again everyone!

6. jaenicky macrumors member

Email gets sent to you're primary email address and your Apple ID which are usually the same. This can be checked by going to My Apple ID. You should familiarise yourself with Apple ID security including 2-way authentication.

7. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

I have that set up on my Apple ID/iTunes/iCloud and it will be set up for hers. The only issue is if someone goes on iCloud.com, Find My iPhone isn't protect for obvious reasons and that's fine. So as long as email is sent, all will be fine. :D

Thanks!