Spying on iPhone?

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I am trying to make sure a loved one doesn't get spyware on their iPhone (long story), so I am trying to see if anyone can install spayware on someones phone without jailbreaking? From what I can see, it's not possible unless the phone is jailbroken, but I saw this:

http://cell-spy-stealth.com/

This doesn't seem legit, but I want to make sure

thanks!!!

mad3inch1na

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
I am trying to make sure a loved one doesn't get spyware on their iPhone (long story), so I am trying to see if anyone can install spayware on someones phone without jailbreaking? From what I can see, it's not possible unless the phone is jailbroken, but I saw this:

http://cell-spy-stealth.com/

This doesn't seem legit, but I want to make sure

thanks!!!
That name of that link seems really sketchy lol.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
From what I can see, it's not possible unless the phone is jailbroken…
Not possible jailbroken either, unless someone physically has the device and you have deliberately installed a specific tweak without changing the passwords.

Jailbreaking is not something that immediately throws your device wide open to every person with internet access and half a brain. Despite what some people may claim.

Just saying.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Thanks everyone!!!

She has an Android now and was asking me about how secured an iPhone is.

I use @outlook as my apple ID, and I get an email every time I log into iCloud.com from a web bowers. This email goes to my @Outlook address even though I do have an @me/@iCloud email. If she uses an @iCloud email address for her Apple ID, does this still do the same? Will she get an email sent to her iCloud (Apple ID) when she or someone signs into iCloud.com?

Thanks again everyone!

jaenicky

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2013
Email gets sent to you're primary email address and your Apple ID which are usually the same. This can be checked by going to My Apple ID. You should familiarise yourself with Apple ID security including 2-way authentication.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Email gets sent to you're primary email address and your Apple ID which are usually the same. This can be checked by going to My Apple ID. You should familiarise yourself with Apple ID security including 2-way authentication.
I have that set up on my Apple ID/iTunes/iCloud and it will be set up for hers. The only issue is if someone goes on iCloud.com, Find My iPhone isn't protect for obvious reasons and that's fine. So as long as email is sent, all will be fine. :D

Thanks!