Spyware, Adware, Malicious Software

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DarkRevenant, Aug 5, 2008.

1. DarkRevenant macrumors member

Hey All,

I'm on my first Mac here, and have a few questions. First off, while I have heard how "Macs can't get viruses" and all that jazz, I am sure it is possible to contract harmful software. To that, I ask what programs are out there for harmful software removal and scanning to make sure my computer is still clean.

Secondly, I know others have had this issue. It is the multi touch distorting issue. When scrolling with 2 fingers, whatever I'm scrolling can become very distorted. Has there been a fix for this? Or is this a graphics card issue? Any word on this would be great.

Thats all for now. Thanks in advance.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you search the forums, you'll find dozens of existing threads where the virus/malware/trojan subject has been beat to death. You'll find all the answers to your questions by reading those threads, rather than have everyone repeat it all again.

As for your second question, what are you scrolling in? Does it happen in all programs?

3. DarkRevenant thread starter macrumors member

Sorry about posting a repeat thread, I did a quick search but nothing great came up, but I will refine it.

Secondly, yes, in Safari and Mail mainly, but in any place where scrolling is possible. I turned spaces off and the issue has improved, however I would like to be able to utilize spaces and not have to baby my Mac to make it work. I didn't get a PC so I could stay away from issues like these.