Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DennisBlah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2013
The Netherlands
Hi all,

I'm trying to grab the day of date from my agenda table where the month is current month.

Code:
[NSString stringWithFormat: @"SELECT strftime('%d', agenda_datum) as dayOfMonth FROM agenda_items WHERE strftime('%m', agenda_datum) = '%i'", month]

However this NSString assumes that.. %d %m and %i must be set.
However the %d should say, return day of month from date
and %m should say, return month from date

Here I try to get all days, from my agenda where month is equal to >month< (int of current month, or the month I'm looking at in my agenda)

---
Resolved:
I had to do the query setup in 2 steps.
Code:
        NSString *tempQuery = @"SELECT >DISTINCT< strftime('%d', agenda_datum) as dayOfMonth FROM agenda_items WHERE strftime('%m', agenda_datum) = ";
        NSString *finalQuery = [NSString stringWithFormat: @"%@'%i'", tempQuery, month];
---

Now I try to store these 'days' into an NSArray. Like this:
Code:
NSArray *dates = [NSArray arrayWithObjects:[NSNumber numberWithInt:1],[NSNumber numberWithInt:5], nil];
But this needs to be done programaticly.

This is giving me back an different number every time:
Code:
        NSString *tempQuery = @"SELECT >DISTINCT< strftime('%d', agenda_datum) as dayOfMonth FROM agenda_items WHERE strftime('%m', agenda_datum) = ";
        NSString *finalQuery = [NSString stringWithFormat: @"%@'%i'", tQuery, month];
        NSArray *markDays = [[NSArray alloc] initWithArray:[dbManager loadDataFromDB:finalQuery]];
        NSInteger indexOfDayOfMonth = [dbManager.arrColumnNames indexOfObject:@"dayOfMonth"];
        NSMutableArray *markedDays = [[NSMutableArray alloc] initWithObjects: nil];
        for(int a=0; a<markDays.count; a++) {
            int mDay = (int)[[markDays objectAtIndex: a] objectAtIndex: indexOfDayOfMonth];
            [markedDays addObject: [[markDays objectAtIndex: a] objectAtIndex: indexOfDayOfMonth]];
        }

(p.s. DISTINCT is like >DISTINCT< because I get blocked due SQL Injection :-/... woops ;D )

Last edited:

xStep

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2003
Less lost in L.A.
Your NSString stringWithFormat is looking for 3 values for the parameters designated by the percent signs. You are supplying only 'month'. Perhaps you want to escape the percent signs. Try adding a percent sign immediately before them.

I'm guessing what you want your actual SQL to be something like this
Code:
SELECT strftime('%d', agenda_datum) as dayOfMonth FROM agenda_items WHERE strftime('%m', agenda_datum) = ’12’

Here is a sample broken down, without the escaping since it isn't needed in this case.
Code:
    NSInteger month = 12;
    NSString * coreSQL = @"SELECT strftime('%d', agenda_datum) as dayOfMonth FROM agenda_items WHERE strftime('%m', agenda_datum) = ";
    NSString * paramSQL = [NSString stringWithFormat: @"%@'%ld'",coreSQL,(long)month];
    NSLog(@"SQL:  %@", paramSQL);

I suggest you break down that line into several so that you can better understand the problem.

DennisBlah

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2013
The Netherlands
Your NSString stringWithFormat is looking for 3 values for the parameters designated by the percent signs. You are supplying only 'month'. Perhaps you want to escape the percent signs. Try adding a percent sign immediately before them.

I'm guessing what you want your actual SQL to be something like this
Code:
SELECT strftime('%d', agenda_datum) as dayOfMonth FROM agenda_items WHERE strftime('%m', agenda_datum) = ’12’

Here is a sample broken down, without the escaping since it isn't needed in this case.
Code:
    NSInteger month = 12;
    NSString * coreSQL = @"SELECT strftime('%d', agenda_datum) as dayOfMonth FROM agenda_items WHERE strftime('%m', agenda_datum) = ";
    NSString * paramSQL = [NSString stringWithFormat: @"%@'%ld'",coreSQL,(long)month];
    NSLog(@"SQL:  %@", paramSQL);

I suggest you break down that line into several so that you can better understand the problem.

^_^ that's indeed what I did, now I'm having a next issue with storing these days in an new array.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.