Square settings menus or curved menus?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by iOSOS, Aug 7, 2013.

1. iOSOS macrumors member

Quick mockup. I think the old curved menus looked better where my eyes centered on the content. Curved menus or square menus?

Attached Files:

2. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

What am I looking at? The switches? If so then I love how they are now.

3. Malbrute macrumors newbie

Malbrute

This does not make sense for two reasons. When you tap on a setting with an arrow, it flows to the next screen in a nicer way, by the connection to the edge of the screen, it gives the illusion of pulling in the next screen. The second reason is that when you are swiping back, the way the two screens overlap would make this look slightly disorienting.

4. iOSOS thread starter macrumors member

They should at least use bold text like in iOS 6. The setting menus lack contrast. One good example is in the calendar new appointment window where the label text used to be bold and the option text where normal. There is something that just look to plain in the menus. Maybe if they increased the menus height. Square menus look smaller.

5. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

It took me a while to figure out what I was looking at, but once I did… no. There isn't enough contrast between the background and the menus to justify rounding the edges, and it looks odd having a boarder on the top and bottom but not on the corners or sides.