All iPads Square trade pay the same for all models of ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by feeth, Nov 14, 2012.

1. feeth macrumors 6502

I was thinking of getting ST on my Mini. I was looking at the ST site and when I selected iPad mini there was no other selection for 16,32 or 64. They said coverage limit was $529. I then looked at the ipad 4 and the coverage limit at $829.

Price for all the above is the same at Reg $129 and sale price is $99 with no ded.

So if I bought a 16 mini for $329, I would pay the same for the insurance as the ipad 4 with 64gb LTE model that would cost $829.

I just checked and applecare+ pricing is the same for all ipads. $99 with $49 ded.

Why would anyone pay $99 for either warranty on a 16gb ipad mini? Its almost 30% of the item cost before tax.

I do of course have Apple care on both imacs. Would not go without on the SSD model due to overall cost.

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

You get a second year of warranty service and up to 2 replacements - if you use it it's not a particularly good deal for Apple, if you don't it's not a particularly good deal for you.

As for SquareTrade, they pay the same amount for labor regardless of the device, so I can see their logic in keeping pricing constant.

3. feeth thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, but on some ipads they pay up to $829 and others $529 all for the same pricing for the consumer.

I might buy it if they had separate pricing for each model. Something like $79 reg price for a $329 ipad mini.

4. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Check into Worth Ave Group. Different pricing for different devices and covers everything from breakage to dropping your phone/mini down the toilet.

5. Txjole macrumors member

Thats who I use, or pay and never use! But well worth it.