Square Trade Warranty

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by imaketouchtheme, Jun 22, 2012.

1. imaketouchtheme macrumors 65816

Has anyone had experience with SquareTrade warranties? Is there a certain timeframe it has to be purchased from when you bought your product? I have an iPad 2 that I got around December, but wasn't sure if it was still eligible to add the warranty.

Any personal experiences would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I've heard they're reputable.

There shouldn't be a set time-limit after purchase that you can buy one, you could get one now.

But, as always, maybe you should speak with SquareTrade?

And potentially the iPad/iPhone boards would be more suited for this; I've seen a bunch of SquareTrade threads there.

3. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

I had a square trade warranty a while ago. While they are reputable, I got mine for an unlocked smartphone from another carrier and got the warranty if I were to have any issues. Needless to say I did within 2 weeks of getting the phone and I was outside the return period. Square trade dropped me for making a claim before the 30 day grace period which I had no idea about.

In the end they did give me a prorated refund which was good on their part.

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

SquareTrade is extremely reputable. I've had 3 claims with them: 2 iPhones and 1 regarding my Dre Beats. All of them were addressed within a couple days from when the claim was filed. I was sent replacement iPhones and for the beats, I was given full price of the original amount that I paid for it since it was something they don't repair.

5. Wildgift macrumors 6502

Squaretrade--great

I had a great experience. My kid cracked her iPad screen. I filed the claim, and then called them because I had misplace the UPS label. As it turns out, you don't even need to send it to them at all. They told me to take it to an Apple store, where you can get a replacement for $249.00. I emailed the receipt to Squaretrade, and they sent me a credit to paypal.

Couldn't be easier. I was worried when I heard of dremels, etc. but this was awesome service.