SquareTrade Care Plan

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by GoCubsGo, Dec 30, 2007.

1. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

A family member purchased a Wii off eBay. She keeps getting these notices that she can purchase a SquareTrade Care Plan until the end of the month for $51.99. Does anyone know anything about this plan and whether or not it is worth buying? The Wii is covered under a renter's policy for loss and damage caused by the elements (not accidental).
    The policy covers:
    • 100% parts and labor – no deductibles.
    • Mechanical and electrical failures.
    • And can be transfered or canceled anytime

Any thoughts? Here is a link to some supposed reviews on Amazon. I also explained that the policy will cover the replacement value which is $250 not the $400+ she paid so a 7 year old could have one on Christmas morning. ;)

2. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

I've always been really weary of the square trade, mainly because the warranty doesn't kick in until the 3rd month begins. The rest of their "terms" are also very vague in my opinion and don't clearly discuss what they will repair/replace and what they won't.

3. GoCubsGo thread starter macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. SquareTradeKord macrumors newbie

Hello Jessica,

My name is Kord and I am the Customer Experience Manager for SquareTrade.

You can read about our coverage and exclusions here, as well as access our full Terms and Conditions of coverage:

http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/learn-more-warranty-buyer

You might also find our customer reviews (post claim) on Amazon helpful:

http://www.amazon.com/review/produc...coding=UTF8&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Additionally, if you have any additional questions or concerns regarding our coverage you are also welcome to contact me directly at kordhelps@squaretrade.com.

Regards,

Kord (SquareTradeKord)
    Customer Experience Manager
    SquareTrade