Squaretrade coupons?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by truth1ness, Sep 20, 2014.

1. truth1ness macrumors regular

So I'm considering an insurance plan for the first time for my 6. I've researched Applecare+ and Squaretrade and I'm thinking of going with Squaretrade mainly because of the ability to extend into a third year for 30$. I just wanted to see if there are any coupons/discounts floating about that I should know about before I order. I've seen lots of people mention getting pretty good discounts on Squaretrade plans.

2. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I think many of the coupons that were available expired in conjunction with the iPhone 6 release. Square trade had a special prior to release date. I bought the two year plan for $94.00. I don't typically hang on to a phone longer than two years.

3. wborisenok macrumors 6502

wborisenok

I just got the 2 year plan for $84. Call SquareTrade customer service to purchase and mention that you have a 40% off coupon that you can't get to work on the site. They generate one for you, no questions asked. My iPhone 6 doesn't even arrive until Wednesday but I've already got it insured. $75 deductible for accidental and no deductible for device hardware issues.

Covers spills, liquid immersion, cracked screens, etc. You name it, they cover it. Overnighted replacements or you can even get it fixed at Apple and SquareTrade will reimburse you up to your coverage amount. My iPhone 6 coverage is up to $999.99. For $42 a year, you can't really go wrong.

4. brdwygurl macrumors regular

I was just coming here to post the same thing. I called and said I was interested in purchasing a warranty and had heard others had a 40% off coupon, was there anything they could do for me. The gentleman on the phone gave me a coupon so that the final price is $84 It never hurts to ask!

5. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Don't ever use their repair service -- always use Apple and get reimbursed.
    I let them replace my iPhone 4 and it was so full of aftermarket parts that I was never able to sell it at anything near market value.

6. brdwygurl macrumors regular

Thanks GJWilly that's a great point. Luckily I have an Apple store not far from me so that's what I'll use and get reimbursed.

7. wborisenok macrumors 6502

wborisenok

Yep, I'll always go this route. The option is there, I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't.

8. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Here's a few 30% coupons if anybody wants them.
    022D0006ZCJ260CY
    022D0006Z8P2o0C8
    022D000713P4R0CW
    022D000715YDX0CZ

Expires 9/30/14

----------

I'm going through old e-mails and it looks like I've got quite a few so if anyone needs one they can PM me.
    Easier than typing them all here.

9. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

buy your applecare with Amex and you will get 3 years for the price of 2

10. stockcerts macrumors 65816

That's a good price. My policy with Square Trade was $94- for two years. I normally don't keep a phone beyond two years.

11. wborisenok macrumors 6502

wborisenok

Ditto. My upgrade is every two years, so that's sufficient for me.

----------

AppleCare doesn't cover water damage or most other accidental stuff. I'd rather spend $84 for two years of all-inclusive coverage. I can get repairs at Apple and SquareTrade will reimburse. Good enough for me!

12. wntrwhte macrumors newbie

Applecare covers 2 incidents of accidental damage.

The only thing squaretrade covers that applecare doesn't is theft.

13. bigboar macrumors 6502

squaretrade does not cover theft. At least thats what it showed when I went to get my plan.
    http://www.squaretrade.com/iphone-warranty
    I decided with me having to take the phone to the apple store if something happened and getting reimbursed(I wouldnt let squaretrade do the repair) that it was best for me to just get applecare+ for $99..

14. wntrwhte macrumors newbie

I did the same, dealing with reimbursement is a pain and I've never broken 2 phones in my whole life, never mind the same phone twice.

15. truth1ness thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Correct me if I'm wrong, though, but shouldn't 40% off be $60? Their 2 year plan is $99 and has been for a while. $84 would be 15% off. http://www.squaretrade.com/iphone-warranty

16. wborisenok macrumors 6502

wborisenok

They already have a certain percentage of a markdown. The plan was original $129 or something like that.