SquareTrade coverage for iPhone - opinions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tangerinegreen, Jun 14, 2009.

1. tangerinegreen macrumors newbie

So, I'm considering getting the Squaretrade coverage for my iPhone - they make it sound good - but I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them. Any opinions/experiences would be very helpful and much appreciated!

2. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

positive

Lots of good reports in this forum. They cover accidental and stuff that Apple doesn't. For less money.

I have it with my existing 3g.

Will do it again for the 3gs.

3. scottuf macrumors 6502

looks like pricing is up -

http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/iphone-landing19

$96 for 16 gb, $115 for 32, including a 20% off discount. is this worth it? most common damage would be broken screen which could be replaced about this cost (not counting the $50 deductible). Plus they say they only cover up to early upgrade pricing - up tp $399 for 16, $499 for 32. i guess its better than no warranty if i really screw it up.

opinions? anyone had to use them? good service?

4. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

They worked great for me. Replaced a phone with water damage. I'll use them again for sure. BTW, broken glass repair by Apple is $200. Even with the $50 deductable you're ahead $50 at $96.

5. tangerinegreen thread starter macrumors newbie

6. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

Oh yes. You make a claim, they send you a box, you send them your phone. If they determine it's been trashed, you get a check or paypal credit or whatever you choose. Otherwise, they have it repaired, send it back and deduct the cost from your coverage. If they determine it's junk and send you the full amount, you don't get the phone back. You don't get the real full amount either, there's a deductable. But it was totally no hassle, very straightforward, very fast and MUCH better than Apple Care.

7. chattermark macrumors member

How much is it to buy a new Iphone 3GS if I need to replace mine? Does the coverage minus the deductible cover it? Thanks <M>