SquareTrade Discounts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stockcerts, Jun 22, 2010.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I've read that SquareTrade often has a discount on a particular day of the week. Does anyone know if this is true? I'm considering purchasing an extended warranty from SquareTrade because it covers so much more than AppleCare.

Thanks!!

2. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

Yes it is. I got the iPhone 4 two year plan for $99. Not a bad deal, if you ask me. Especially since I am not really fond of cases.

3. CJayC macrumors 6502

Lol, that iPhone 4 discount email for $99 for 2 years is such a ploy. It's ALWAYS been $99 for iPhone warranties even if you didn't know the discount existed.

But you could use coupon code THIRTY30 or 30THIRTY, I forget which one.

4. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

I just did a Google search and found the THIRTY30 code. That took about $6.00 off the price. I haven't ordered it yet, still undecided. I do think that I prefer SquareTrade over AppleCare due to coverage for spills, etc.

5. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

So has anyone ever used Squaretrade to replace their phone? What is the process for that? They aren't just a scam right?

6. threedingos macrumors newbie

State farm

State Farm offers Personal Article Policies. If lost, damaged stolen will pay you the non subsidized cost of the iPhone. I pay 50 $ a year and that nis to cover 2 iphone 3gs (s)

7. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

I just read lots of reviews on SquareTrade and they were all very positive. Do a Google search on reviews. I believe I can purchase the warranty today even though I won't have the phone until Thursday.

8. CJayC macrumors 6502

They aren't. I've been using them for years for eBay purchases, Best Buy electronics, Nintendo DS, etc. Had each item replaced with a new one at least once.

9. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

You should all note that there is a 50$ deductible for Drops/Spills/Accidents.

Attached Files:

10. MacNasty macrumors member

where do you live? cuz i talked to my state farm agent the other day and they said they dont offer anything for the iphone....i guess i should just call the 800 and talk to them?!

11. jtp098 macrumors 6502a

I have them they are the best... 50 bucks is nothing to pay for a broken screen. in fact square trade just gave me a new phone cause the back was messed up too.. it was a one day turn around too

12. stockcerts thread starter macrumors 65816

I am aware of the $50-. I think it's still a good price for what you get. One of my co-workers recently broke the screen on his iPhone and Apple charged him $200-. I don't think that would have been covered under AppleCare.